Coconut Ice Cream Balls is a recipe for a quick ice cream dessert. Vanilla ice cream dipped in toasted coconut shavings with a chocolate drizzle, fresh berries and whipped cream. The easiest summer dessert.
Easy desserts that require no baking like the Chocolate Fruit Dip and Black Forest Cheesecake will become family favorites!
Summer calls for easy desserts – especially ice cream. This recipe is almost too easy to even call it a recipe but it’s a KEEPER. The combination of ice cream with whipped cream, coconut and berries is amazing.
how to make coconut ice cream balls:
- Set ice cream out so it thaws a bit and is easier to work with. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread coconut flakes onto a baking sheet in a thin layer. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes until coconut flakes are golden and toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare a large platter or cutting board by covering it with parchment paper. (It needs to be fit into the freezer.) Shape the ice cream into 6 balls. TIP: Don’t worry if the shapes aren’t perfect, this will be easily fixed once they are dipped into the coconut.
- Put the ice cream balls into the freezer until ice cream balls are frozen.
- Wash the berries and slice the strawberries.
- Take each ball and completely coat it in the cooled flakes.
- Place onto a platter.
- Drizzle ice cream balls with chocolate syrup and top with whipped cream (on top or side), Add fresh berries and serve immediately.
can I make this in advance?
Yes, these can be prepared a few days in advance. Once you coat the ice cream in the toasted coconut, just keep it frozen until it’s ready to be served.
NOTE: You can also serve this over warm brownies. At a church party, we served the dish as a warm brownie with couple scoops of ice cream, topping it with the coconut shavings then berries, whipped cream and chocolate. It was a huge HIT. We did it as part of a fundraiser lunch and people ordered like crazy. 🙂
Coconut Ice Cream Balls
- 1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 3 cups sweetened coconut, toasted
- whipped cream
- fresh blueberries
- Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- Spread coconut flakes onto a baking sheet evenly into a thin layer.
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes at 350°F until golden, set aside to cool.
- Set ice cream out so it thaws a but and is easier to work with.
- Line a platter with parchment paper.
- Shape the ice cream into six balls.
- Put the ice cream balls into the freezer until it freezes
- Take each ball and dip it into the cooled coconut flakes. Adding them to lined platter.
- Top ice cream balls with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and berries.
- If not serving immediately, freeze the coated ice cream until it's ready to be served.