An amazing French Crepe recipe filled with a sweet homemade custard filling! The perfect recipe for sweet crepes with an easy custard filling, topped with a quick fresh blueberry sauce. These crepes are perfect for breakfast or brunch.
If you love crepes, try our BASIC Crepe Recipe!
french crepe recipe-
French crepes are known to have a variety of different crepe fillings! We choice a sweet and creamy custard filling for this crepe recipe! The custard filled crepes combined with the flavorful berry sauce is AMAZING!
This French crepe recipe makes for a great breakfast, brunch or dessert recipe for any occasion.
How to make french crepe recipe-
For the crepes, we use our BASIC crepe recipe. We recommend that you read the entire post before making the crepe to achieve the perfect crepes.
- CREPES: Make a batch of our classic crepes.
- CUSTARD FILLING: In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and cornstarch.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat whisk the egg yolks, sugar, milk, and vanilla together and bring to a soft boil. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and whisk vigorously.
- Turn heat down to low and then continue mixing until custard thickens.
How to assemble crepes-
The crepes may be assembled using 2 methods. Assemble by rolling the crepes up into a long crepe or folding them into triangles.
- Rolled crepes: Spread a generous portion of the custard over the crepe. Start at one end of the crepe and roll the crepe.
- Triangle crepes: Spread a generous portion of the custard over the crepe. Fold crepe evenly in half. Take the folded crepe and fold it into three, creating a triangle.
How to make the blueberry topping
For detailed directions for how to make the blueberry topping, visit THIS post.
How to serve sweet crepes with blueberry sauce-
You can serve these French crepes either hot or cold.
- How to serve cold: Add filled crepes to a platter or plate. Top with whipped cream and homemade warm blueberry sauce.
- How to serve warm: On medium heat, add 1/2 Tbsp of butter to skillet, cook the crepes until golden and crispy on both sides. Leave whole or cut into smaller sized pieces. Serve with whipped cream and warm blueberry sauce.
How to freeze?
The custard-filled crepes can be frozen. To freeze crepes, add to a gallon-sized freezer bag, laying them flat. Then just thaw crepes completely and reheat when ready to be enjoyed.