Make the classic Iced Chai Tea Latte at home with just 4 simple ingredients! Skip the coffee shop run and make this delicious blend at home.
Our Pumpkin Spice Latte and our classic Iced Caramel Latte are other homemade copycat lattes you should give a try.
ICED CHAI LATTE RECIPE-
This simple iced chai tea latte is the perfect fall drink! This spice-infused drink goes together so well with milk over ice. This homemade version of the popular latte is so easy to make and a much cheaper option!
|What is a Chai Tea Latte? A chai tea latte is a drink made with steamed milk with black tea infused with spices like cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, and black pepper.|
- Water– You want to be sure to use boiling water to steep the tea bags.
- Chai Tea– We like to use the Twinings Chai Tea Bags, but you can use any of your favorite chai tea bags.
- Sugar– To sweeten the tea we use granulated sugar but you can use any of your go-to sweeteners. You can use stevia, maple syrup, agave sweetener, honey, and brown sugar.
- Milk– You can use any of your favorite dairy or non-dairy creamers. You can use whole milk, half and half creamer, almond milk, oat milk, and any other of your go-to creamers,
- Ice– We love using these ice molds to create the perfect ice cubes, they are great when you don’t have an ice machine.
HOW TO MAKE ICED CHAI TEA LATTE-
With just a few simple steps you can have this chai tea latte ready to be enjoyed.
- Steep tea– Open the tea bags and add to a bowl or pitcher with the sugar. Pour the boiling water and mix to dissolve the sugar then allow the chai tea bags to steep for about 5-7 minutes.
- Chill– Remove the tea bags from the chai tea and add them to the fridge to allow it to chill completely.
- Make Iced Latte– Add ice into a cup and pour the chai tea over the ice then top with the milk, mix and stir.
- Serve– Top with whipped cream and some ground cinnamon and serve in a glass or mason jar.
|Cold Foam– Froth the milk for a foamy thicker creamer! |
We use THIS hand-held affordable frother!
There are so many different ingredients you can add to the tea latte to change things up, here are some variations to chai lattes:
- Dirty Chai Latte– A dirty chai tea latte consists of chai tea and a shot of espresso.
- Matcha Chai Tea Latte– Add a scoop of matcha powder to the mix if you like matcha!
- Vanilla Chai Tea– Flavor this chai tea latte with vanilla syrup or vanilla extract.
- Pumpkin Spice Chai– Combine two delicious drinks in one! Add pumpkin spice syrup or flavoring for the ultimate chai tea latte.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
No! A classic iced chai tea latte does not contain coffee.
Depending on the tea bags that you buy there is caffeine! Some bags have caffeine and some don’t.
Yes! Once you steep the tea, just store it in the fridge for up to a week and when ready enjoy serving it with milk!
Yes! While the chai tea is steeping, froth/heat the milk, and then pour the hot milk into the tea and serve.
Yes, you can use 2% as well or even do dairy-free milk like coconut milk or oat milk.
Other drink recipes:
Iced Chai Tea Latte
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- 5 chai tea bags
- 2 Tbsps granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Open the tea bags and add to a bowl or pitcher with the sugar. Pour the boiling water and mix to dissolve the sugar then allow the chai tea bags to steep for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags from the chai tea and add to the fridge to allow it to chill completely.
- Add ice into a cup and pour the chai tea over the ice then top with the milk, mix and stir.
- Top with whipped cream and some ground cinnamon and serve!