This Korzinki with Cream (mini tarts) Recipe is so addictive. Mini tarts filled with chocolate and crushed walnuts and a dulce de leche cream. Especially perfect for the holidays. If you like mini tarts, try these Tiramisu Tartlets.
These Korzinki which translate into baskets are so addictive. The cookie dough is so buttery, delicate and just melts in your mouth. They are then dipped into chocolate and crushed walnuts and topped with a rich dulce de leche cream.
These Korzinki are by far one of my most favorite desserts! They are irresistible and you are unable to stop at just one, or two, or three. Haha!!
How to prepare cookie dough tartlets-
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the dough, mix until well incorporated.
- The cookie dough will be soft but not stick to your hands. All flour is different and performs differently in recipes. If the cookie dough is still sticky, add a tablespoon of flour at a time and mix until the dough doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Be sure molds and dry and clean before adding cookie dough.
- Push dough down to shape baskets. The thickness of the dough should be consistent all the way around for even cooking (or else some areas will burn while others may be undercooked).
- Bake until golden.
- Allow baskets to cool a bit and flip them over. The baskets should come out easily.
These are the mini tart molds we used for this recipe. I purchased enough so I can bake them in two batches. So quick and easy.
TIP: Either wipe down the molds with a clean kitchen towel or if you will be washing them, dry them immediately.
Add chocolate and walnuts-
Dip the mini tarts in melted chocolate and fill centers with chocolate spreading the chocolate evenly. Then, dip tops of tarts into the crushed walnuts.
TIP: If the chocolate begins to harden, return to heat.
Set tarts aside for the chocolate to set.
Prepare the dulce de leche cream.
Prepare the rich dulce de leche cream. Be careful not to overbeat cream or it will become runny. Refrigerate cream until ready to use.
- Either pipe cream into the korzinki or spoon with a tablespoon.
- Top with fresh raspberries if desired.
- For decor, I make swirls with leftover chocolate, optional.
Can Korzinki be prepared in advance?
Yes, the korzinki may be prepared in advance. The cookie mini-tarts may be prepared up to 4 days in advance. Store in a large airtight container like THIS one. Just coat with the cholate and walnuts the night before and the cream the day of serving.
Can I substitute for pecans?
Yes, the walnuts may be substituted for pecans.
Keep refrigerated or in cool temperature.
TRY THESE OTHER DESSERTS:
- Truffle Cookie Kisses– So fun to make with the kids.
- Sweet Crunch Bites– Mini walnut crunchy bites.
- Rogaliki– A classic for the Holidays and can be made in advance.
Korzinki with Cream (Mini tarts)
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp vinegar
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 14 oz dulce de leche, cooked condensed milk
- 2 tsp rum
- 4 oz cool whip
- 1 1/2 cups chopped chocolate, melted
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Combine the butter, egg, sugar, vanilla, and mayo. In a tablespoon add the vinegar to the baking soda and mix. Add to the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Add the flour and mix until flour is well incorporated.
- Press the dough against the sides and bottom of the molds. Make sure there is no open area and that the thickness of the dough is the same everywhere for even baking
- Bake in a preheated oven to 365˚ F for about 20 minutes, until golden.
- Allow mini tarts to cool and flip, the molds should come right off.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Place the walnuts into a food processor fitted with the chopping blade and pulse until well chopped. Place into a bowl.
- Once the tarts have cooled hold the tart with your fingers on the bottom turn over and dip into the chocolate. With a teaspoon fill the insides of the tart with chocolate and spread evenly.
- Then dip tops of baskets into the walnuts. Set aside so the chocolate can set. Continue with remaining baskets.
- Prepare the cream.With a mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, rum and butter. Turn mixer down to low add half of the dulce de leche. Beat. Add remaining dulce de leche and mix.
- Turn off mixer and gently fold in the cool whip with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Use a decorating bag and add the cream to the tarts. (Or with a tablespoon add cream to the korzinki. Then with a clean toothpick swirl the top to look as if you piped it with a bag.h easier.)
- Keep refrigerated or in cool temperature.