If you love Tiramisu, you are going to love these Tiramisu Tartlets. Butter cookie like mini tarts soaked in coffee, covered with chocolate and rich mascarpone cream. These stunning tartlets are perfect for holiday baking.
These tartlets use a butter cookie dough. The baskets are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. They are then soaked in strong coffee. The baskets are covered with melted chocolate and topped with delicate mascarpone cream. Perfection in every bite.
These Tiramisu Tartlets which are Korzinki in Russian (translating baskets) were inspired by our popular Korzinki with Cream. If you haven’t tried them, you are missing out! One of my absolute favorite recipes on our entire blog – yes, that good.
How to prepare cookie dough tartlets-
The ingredients for this recipe may surprise you. Yes, mayo is added and no you cannot taste it at all. You’d never know it was an ingredient if I didn’t tell you. 🙂 It’s a key ingredient as it makes the butter tartlets soft and so delicate.
- In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the dough, mix until well incorporated.
- The cookie dough will be soft but not stick to your hands. Add additional flour one tablespoon at a time if needed.
- Wipe down the mini tartlet molds with a dry kitchen rag or paper towel and add the dough. Push dough down to shape baskets. The thickness of the dough should be consistent all the way around for even cooking (or else some areas will burn while others may be undercooked).
- Bake until golden.
- Allow baskets to cool a bit and flip them over. The baskets should fall out easily.
How to make Tiramisu tartlets-
- Melt chocolate over a double boiler.
- Prepare tiramisu mascarpone cream. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- Add strong coffee to a bowl. With a pastry brush soak tops of baskets with the coffee.
- Dip top of the basket into the melted chocolate.
- With a teaspoon add more to the center.
- Spread chocolate evenly.
- Repeat with remaining baskets, set aside for the chocolate to set.
Can you prepare Tiramisu Tartlets in advance?
Yes, you can prepare these mini tarts in advance. The cookie mini tarts may be prepared up to 4 days in advance. Store in a large airtight container like THIS one. Just add the chocolate the night before and the cream the day of serving.
I hope you LOVE this recipe. Don’t forget to tag us on Social Media, #ValentinasCorner. We love to see your creations.
Try these other great DESSERT recipes:
- Tiramisu and Berries Cake Roll– Easy Tiramisu cake roll.
- Poppy Seed Bars-For the poppyseed lovers.
- Sweet Crunch Bites- Crunchy walnut bites.
Tiramisu Tartlets (Korzinki)
- 1 ½ cup milk chocolate , melted
- ½ cup strong coffee, cooled
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 365˚F. Wipe molds with a clean towel.
- Combine the butter, egg, sugar, vanilla and mayo. In a tablespoon add the vinegar to the baking soda and mix. Add to the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Add the flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Press the dough against the sides and bottom of the tart molds.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, until tartlets are golden in color.
- Once baked, turn the molds upside down and lift. The tarts should come right out. Continue will remaining dough.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Once the tarts have cooled, brush mini tarts with the coffee (the tops and insides of the baskets).
- Hold the bottom of tart with your fingers and dip into the chocolate. With a teaspoon fill the insides of the tart with chocolate and spread chocolate evenly. Set aside for chocolate to set.
Prepare the cream:
- Beat cream cheese, mascarpone, vanilla and powdered sugar until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until whipped and stiff peaks form.
- Add whipping cream to the mascarpone, gently mix. Refrigerate until needed.
- Using a decorating bag, pipe the cream into the tarts. Or just use a spoon.
- Keep refrigerated or in cool temperature.