This Beet Horseradish Sauce Recipe is wonderful to serve as a sauce for meats and fish! A spicy and sweet horseradish sauce made with tender beets, horseradish, sugar, vinegar, and salt combined into a delicious sauce.
Homemade sauces are so much better than store-bought sauces and we share so many Sauce Recipes. They are cheaper to make, taste so much better, and are so easy.
BEET HORSERADISH SAUCE-
This easy beet sauce is a classic Russian dipping sauce that goes great with so many different meats, seafood, and just as a side! The best thing about this creamy beet horseradish sauce is that it is easy to make and so much healthier than store-bought sauce.
WHAT YOU NEED-
With just 5 simple ingredients, you can have a side of this creamy sauce ready in no time!
- Beets– For this recipe you want to cook beets! We use our Instant Pot Beets, you can also use canned beets.
- Horseradish– You will need to use store bought prepared horseradish or you can make your own prepared horseradish.
- Sugar– Granulated sugar works great for this recipe.
- Vinegar– Classic white vinegar is used for this sauce.
- Salt– Salt is used for added flavor!
HOW TO MAKE HORSERADISH SAUCE-
Have this recipe ready in just 5 minutes!
- BEETS– Use our How to Cook Beets recipe or precooked beets.
- Finely grate the beets using the fine side of the grater, we use THIS grater.
- COMBINE– In a bowl, combine together the beets, horseradish, sugar, vinegar, and salt.
- Serve as a sauce and enjoy!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
Yes, if you do not have freshly cooked beets then you can use canned beets.
You want to be sure you use prepared horseradish. You can make homemade prepared horseradish if you want.
Store the sauce in an airtight container in the fridge. The sauce can last for about 2 weeks!
No, we do not recommend freezing this homemade beet horseradish.
There are several ways that you can serve the side dish. Here are some of the favorite ways to serve the side dish:
- Prime Rib
- Deviled Eggs
Beet Horseradish Sauce Recipe
- 2 medium beets, cooked
- 3 Tbsp horseradish
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt