The BEST Kale Salad Recipe is packed with so much flavor yet such a light and healthy salad! Kale with romaine, pecans, feta cheese, bacon, sunflowers, and tangerines tossed in our delicious Homemade Dressing.
BEST KALE SALAD-
You are not going to regret making this hearty salad recipe! The kale combined with the romaine, feta cheese, bacon, craisins, pecans, and tangerines gives you such a big and flavor-packed salad!
This is such a healthy salad and you can have it ready in no time, making it a great party salad!
INGREDIENTS FOR KALE SALAD-
- Kale– You want to use fresh kale for this salad and be sure to slice as thin as you can.
- Romaine– Fresh romaine adds crispness.
- Cheese– For this salad you want to use Feta cheese.
- Onion– Red onion works best for this salad but also totally opt out of the onion.
- Pecans– Halved, chopped or whole pecans will work great for this salad!
- Tangerines– We use canned tangerines for this salad but you can also use fresh tangerines(cuties) if you don’t have canned.
- Bacon– Chopped cooked bacon is called for this recipe. We love using our Air Fryer Bacon for this recipe.
- Sunflowers– Add crunchiness.
- Craisins– You can use craisins, or your favorite dried fruit.
- Dressing– The dressing we used was our Poppy Seed Dressing.
|Do I use raw kale? Yes, you want to use uncooked kale for this salad recipe.|
HOW TO MAKE KALE SALAD-
Making this kale salad is so easy and simple, you can have it ready in under 10 minutes!
- Make the dressing– Prep the homemade dressing.
- Prep veggies– Chop up your kale and romaine, slice the onion and add to a large salad bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients for the salad into the salad bowl.
- Combine– Toss with the dressing and serve.
This salad is great to make for gatherings or when having an event and you can even make this salad ahead of time!
- Make the salad and dressing up to one day in advance, just don’t toss. Keep refrigerated tightly.
- Then, just add the dressing and toss before serving.
MORE SALAD RECIPES-
We love that Salads can be served as a side dish or a main course for lunch or dinner. Here are some of our favorite salads:
- Cobb Salad Recipe
- Classic Caesar Salad
- Taco Salad Recipe
- Broccoli Bacon Salad
- Easy Macaroni Salad
- Fresh Tomato Salad
Kale Salad Recipe
- Prepare a double portion of the poppy seed dressing.
- In a large salad bowl, add the chopped kale, romaine, feta cheese, sliced onion, pecans, tangerines, cooked bacon, sunflower seeds, and craisins.
- Toss the salad, drizzle in the poppy seed dressing and then toss again until well incorporated.
- Serve and enjoy!