The Ultimate Breakfast Burrito Recipe. Tortillas filled with rice, peppers, eggs and mushrooms. The burritos are sauteed until crispy on the outside. This is a simple breakfast the whole family will enjoy!
These burritos and our omelettes are both easy recipes when hosting guests!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, having a good breakfast can change your entire day. With this breakfast burrito recipe, your breakfast will make your whole day better! The crunchy sauteed tortilla combined with the rice, eggs, and vegetables tastes amazing.
what meat can I use for breakfast burritos?-
You can use any meat you like for the burritos. I use sausage, ham or bacon in the breakfast burritos.
how to make a breakfast burrito-
- Cook rice. Once cooked, rinse rice and set aside.
- Cut the meat into small pieces.
- Chop the peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes.
- In a large skillet, saute meat until fully cooked.
- Remove the meat from the skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Add chopped peppers and oil, cook until tender.
- Add the tomatoes and the meat back to the skillet.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs with sour cream, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet.
- Cook and mix until the eggs are scrambled. Don’t overcook.
how to assemble a breakfast burrito-
- In the center of a tortilla add some rice then the egg mixture and top with cheese.
- Roll the burrito up, tucking in the edges as you roll.
- Repeat with all of the burritos.
how to cook-
- In a skillet, heat oil. Once hot add the desired amount of burritos.
- Turn the burrito until each side is golden and crispy, and inside is warm.
frozen breakfast burritos-
The best part about this breakfast burrito recipe is that you can freeze them for later. When you assemble the burritos just add them to a Ziploc bag and freeze. When you are ready to enjoy them just remove them from the freezer and thaw overnight. Heat and enjoy!
what to serve breakfast burritos with-
Serve with your favorite condiment. We love them with sour cream, barbecue or ketchup. What I love to do is enjoy it with sour cream and hot sauce combined.
I hope you enjoy these Breakfast Burritos as much as our family does. Don’t forget to leave us feedback in the comments below, we so enjoy hearing from you.
Try these other BREAKFAST recipes:
- Sausage Potato Breakfast Casserole– Breakfast casserole with potatoes, eggs, and sausage.
- Egg with Vegetables in Skillet– Simple one skillet breakfast.
- Easy Pancake Recipe– The best pancake recipe!
- Breakfast Avocado Sandwich– A great breakfast sandwich with avocado.
Ultimate Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- 10 soft medium flour tortillas
- ½ cup white rice, uncooked
- 4 oz sausage, or any other meat
- 4 oz white mushrooms
- ½ small red pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese, any
- herbs, optional
Preparing Breakfast Burrito-
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- Cut your meat into small pieces. Chop pepper, mushrooms and tomato.
- In a large skillet, over med/high heat add 1 tsp oil. Once hot, add the meat, cook until meat is cooked. Remove from skillet.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet with 1 tsp oil, cook about 2-3 minutes until mushrooms are cooked, lightly salt and pepper them. Add the chopped pepper and 1 tsp oil to skillet, cook until pepper is tender.
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Add the sausage back to the skillet and 1 Tbsp butter.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, sour cream, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into skillet. Cook until eggs are cooked, don't overcook.
- Add some rice to the center of tortilla, then some scrambled egg mixture and finally cheese.
- Roll the burrito up, tuck in the edges as you roll. Repeat with all of the burritos.
To Cook Breakfast Burritos-
- Drizzle skillet with oil and heat over med heat. Add the desired about of burritos, cook until each side is golden and crispy, turning as needed/