Love this easy Baked Tender Chicken Thighs Recipe that is full of so much flavor. The combination of garlic with Italian seasoning and paprika work so well when combined. This recipe will become a staple in your home, no doubt.
PIN this recipe to your DINNER board HERE!
I am blown away by the awesome response to one of our newer recipes, the Easy Baked Thighs Recipe. It has become one of the most popular recipes on our blog, and for a good reason. It is a phenomenal recipe. The prep time is like 10 minutes (that even includes covering the dish with foil). How simpler can a recipe be? So, today, I share a similar dish, the Baked Tender Chicken Thighs Recipe.
We really enjoy oven baked chicken thighs and so this is another recipe I am really happy to share with you. The inspiration for this recipe came from my niece, Victoria. She is young but is a wonderful cook. I stopped by their home not too long ago and she had just made chicken thighs and they were so good. I couldn’t believe the key ingredient was Italian seasoning. I was hooked.
INGREDIENTS FOR BAKED TENDER CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE:
- Chicken thighs, skinless & boneless
- Oil (Olive oil or Canola oil)
- Garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Paprika powder
TIPS HOW TO MAKE BAKED TENDER CHICKEN THIGHS RECIPE:
- Trim off and remove any excess fat from chicken thighs.
- For best result, season the chicken thighs, cover tightly and refrigerate for at least two hours (up to overnight). The seasoning penetrates deep into the chicken and becomes flavorful.
- If you don’t have two hours, baking the chicken immediately is fine as well, just maybe not as flavorful.
- If you like to prep dinner in the morning, this is a great recipe. Season the chicken, cover tightly and keep stored in the refrigerator. When you come home from a long day of work, all you have to do is bake the chicken. So easy.
- Leftovers are wonderful to use in different recipes that require cooked chicken (like the Chicken Quesadilla recipe).
- To reheat, cover with foil and bake until warm.
WHAT CAN I SERVE BAKED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH?
You can serve baked chicken thighs with mashed potatoes, pasta, fried or steamed rice, or even buckwheat. A salad, would of course compliment the dinner with some homemade bread (like this amazing bread machine bread).
CAN I SUBSTITUTE THE THIGHS?
CHICKEN BREAST- You may substitute the chicken thighs for chicken breast. However, the flavor and texture will slightly change because chicken thighs have a stronger flavor, higher fat content and softer texture once baked than chicken breast. Depending on the size of the breast, the baking time will vary and most likely be less than the indicated time in this recipe. Use a food thermometer to cook breast until the thickest part registers at 165°F.
BONE-IN THIGHS- You most definitely may substitute for bone-in chicken thighs. The bone keeps the thighs juicier and even adds flavor. The only setback with bone-in thighs is the baking time will be longer. Keep the dish cover with foil for one-half of the cooking time plus an extra ten minutes. Then, removing the foil and allow the chicken to brown during the second half of cooking.
I hope you LOVE this Baked Tender Chicken Thighs Recipe and it becomes a regular in your home. 🙂 Don’t forget to share your creations with us on Social Media. We LOVE seeing your recipes. Tag us with #ValentinasCorner! We so appreciate you, our online friends. <3
If you are looking for a baking dish, I just got this CASSEROLE DISH and love it.
Easy, juicy and tender oven baked chicken thighs recipe. Prep time is like 10 minutes! So easy.
- 3 pounds Chicken thighs, skinless and boneless
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil (or Canola oil)
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Ground pepper
- 1 ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¾ tsp Paprika powder
In a bowl, combine olive oil and minced garlic. Layout chicken thighs and coat with oil mixture (on both sides).
- Prepare the seasoning: In a bowl, combine the salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika.
- Season boat sides of chicken with the seasoning. Transfer chicken thighs to a baking dish. Cover with foil. Set aside to marinate at least 2 hours (*or see note).
Bake 45 minutes at 375°F. Remove foil and broil for 8-10 minutes (at same temp), until tops of thighs are crispy.
- Enjoy, friends.
Note: Marinading at least 2 hours will give best results. If you don't have two hours, still bake the chicken it will still be great.