Be prepared to be AMAZED by this Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe with tomatoes and smothered in an easy garlic wine sauce.
The chicken is seared in a skillet then added to a wine sauce and baked. The chicken breast becomes so flavorful, juicy and oh so tender. Serve chicken with mashed potatoes, pasta or rice!
PIN this recipe to your DINNER board HERE!
Follow VALENTINA’S CORNER on Pinterest for more great recipes, ideas and tips!
TIPS HOW TO MAKE BROCCOLI CHEESE STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE.
- Lightly beat the center of chicken breast so it’s a bit more even in thickness.
- I like to use raw broccoli so be sure chop the florets into small parts so they cook evenly.
- Freshly grated cheese performs much better in recipes as it lacks extra additives pre-shredded cheese have.
- For the wine sauce, if you don’t mind the onions in your wine sauce, chop them really fine and you will not need to remove them as the recipe indicated.
- You can use your favorite cheese for this recipe. I used Colby jack in the recipe but mozzarella, provolone or mild cheddar may be used.
- When cutting a pocket in the chicken, be careful not to cut all the way through so when you stuff the chicken, the ingredients won’t fall out and cheese won’t ooze out.
- Lightly secure openings of chicken breast with toothpicks so the stuffing stays secured. Just don’t forget to remove the toothpicks once seared. It’ll be more difficult to remove them once the wine sauce is added.
CHICKEN STUFFED WITH BROCCOLI AND CHEESE-
I really enjoy recipes where you take chicken breast and stuff it with different ingredients. Other than this stuffed chicken I am sharing today, I love the Mushroom Stuffed Chicken in Alfredo Sauce I already have posted. It’s a phenomenal recipe that I think you need to try.
Chicken breast recipes are sometimes hard to be creative with and add a unique spin to them. This recipe does that though. The broccoli florets and tomatoes with cheese add so much flavor to the chicken. Then the simple garlic wine sauce just takes the chicken over the top. You feel like you’re eating a 5-star restaurant enjoying a fancy dinner. Having the broccoli and tomatoes in there also makes it feel like you are enjoying a healthy meal, ha.
If you like to prepare your dinner in advance, I sure do, this stuffed chicken breast is a great recipe for that. I like to prepare as much as possible while the kids are in school so I can focus on the children once they are home. Prepare the chicken and stuffing in advance, don’t forget to season the chicken. Cover the chicken breasts and refrigerate them until you are ready for dinner. Then, just quickly prepare the wine sauce, bake the chicken and dinner is ready.
What kind of wine can I use?
You want to use a dry wine. Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Blanc or Chardonnay are all great choices (I used Chardonnay in this recipe). You don’t have to purchase an expensive bottle for cooking. Mine was like $7.00 and it works great!
Enjoy this easy Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe recipe.
Don’t forget to tag us on Social Media. We love seeing your creations, makes me smile – real BIG! #ValentinasCorner THANK YOU! <3
Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe with tomatoes and smothered in an easy garlic wine sauce.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2/3 cup cubed tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp butter
- ½ small onion sliced
- 3 minced garlic cloves divided
- 1/4 tsp flour
- 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp white wine
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 365°F at step 8.
Cut broccoli into small florets. Chop tomatoes. Grate cheese. Slice onion. Mince garlic.
Lightly beat center of the chicken. Cut chicken breast to create a pocket. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
In a bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, tomatoes, 1 minced garlic clove and lightly season with salt and pepper and pepper. Stuff chicken breast with broccoli filling and secure with toothpicks.
Heat oil in a large skillet and add chicken. Sear chicken 4-6 minutes on each side, until chicken is golden brown. Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet.
Add butter and sliced onion to the skillet. Sauté over medium heat until onion starts to become tender. Remove the onion from skillet and add to a sieve. Add garlic to the leftover butter and sauté 1 minute, add flour to butter and mix vigorously.
Pour the chicken broth through the sieve over onions into the skillet. Discard of the onions. Add wine to the skillet and bring to a light boil. Add heavy whipping cream, lightly salt and pepper to taste. Let the sauce simmer 2 minutes.
Add the chicken back to the skillet pour sauce over chicken.
Cover skillet with foil. Bake 15-20 minute, until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.