Sharing an amazing and easy recipe for The Best Cranberry Orange Bread Loaf. Soft and moist bread loaf with fresh cranberries, orange zest, and a simple lemon glaze. This bread loaf is so flavorful and perfect to bake around the holidays for gift giving to friends and loved ones.
Moist and soft cake loaf with orange zest, lemon juice and fresh cranberries. The bread loaf is baked then topped with an easy lemon glaze that completes the bread loaf.
The batter is so amazing and fluffy, the bread feels more like a cake than bread. So perfect! I love the hint of citrus the orange zest and juice gives the bread and balances the tartness of the cranberries.
tips on how to make the best cranberry orange bread-
- Be sure to use the zest of a fresh orange. Just grate the orange using a zester.
- Sifting flour is important when making bread. Combine the baking soda, baking powder, and flour and sift. Sifting the ingredients together helps to combine the ingredients, breaking up any lumps in the flour. The flour becomes lighter and is easier to mix in with the remaining ingredients.
- When folding in the cranberries, fold gently careful not to overbeat the loaf.
- Wait for the bread loaf to completely cool before drizzling the glaze and slicing the bread.
- Dust bread loaf with powdered sugar if desired.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE THE CRANBERRIES?
- Though fresh cranberries work best, frozen cranberries may be substituted.
- You can use blueberries, raspberries or even cubed strawberries as a substitute for the cranberries.
- If you like nuts, walnuts or pecans, they may be added to the cranberry bread.
CAN I FREEZE THE BREAD LOAF?
Yes, the Orange Cranberry Bread freezes wonderfully. Be sure the bread is cooled completely before placing in a Ziploc bag and freezing.
Enjoy this flavorful sweet cake loaf and don’t forget to share your creations with us! We would love to see your spin on The Best Cranberry Orange Bread. Tag us #ValentinasCorner.
An amazing and easy recipe for The Best Cranberry Orange Bread Loaf. Soft and moist bread loaf with fresh cranberries, orange zest and a simple lemon glaze.
- 3 Tbsp butter, room temp
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp milk
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Prepare 9”x5” bread pan. Cover with parchment paper and lightly coat with baking spray, dust with flour. Set aside.
In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda, set aside.
In a large bowl, beat the eggs, butter and sugar 2 minutes, the batter will triple in size.
In a small bowl, beat the orange zest, orange juice, lemon juice, sour cream and oil. Pour into egg mixture. Lightly mix.
Add half of the flour, mix. Add remaining flour and beat on low speed. Fold in fresh cranberries with a spatula.
Pour mixture into the bread pan. Bake 35-40 minutes (until toothpicks come out clean if inserted into the center of loaf).
Meanwhile, prepare glaze. Mix sugar, lemon juice, and milk. Add more powdered sugar if a thicker consistency is desired.
Dust with sugar, if desired. Drizzle glaze over bread. ENJOY!