Easy homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars recipe. Chewy cake mix cookie bars loaded with chocolate chips and a creamy cream cheese layer that takes like cheesecake– irresistibly delicious.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
chocolate chip cookie bars-
My sister introduced me to these cookie bars and we’ve been hooked ever since and for a good reason. They are so quick and easy to make and are soo delicious. It’s a great recipe that you can do with your kids together. The soft and chewy cake batter goes so well with the cream cheese and chocolate chips, so rich and creamy. We just love them.
These cookie bars are like taking a bite into a great cake with cheesecake and chocolate all in one bite. It truly doesn’t get much better than this recipe.
Updating this recipe with a VIDEO! Hope you are Subscribed to our YouTube Channel.
how to make chocolate chip cookie bars-
- In a bowl, mix together the cake mix with oil and eggs. (NOTE– Any store-bought cake mix will work.)
- Set aside about 3/4 cup of the batter and spread the remaining mixture evenly in a baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until creamy and fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Evenly spread the cream cheese/morsels over the cake batter.
- Take the remaining cake mixture and crumble over the cream cheese layer.
- Bake until golden in color.
- Enjoy, friends.
can I make cookie bars in advance?
Since these bars come together so quickly, they are great to make for kids’ school lunches and add them throughout the week. or make them a day in advance for a party you’ll be hosting.
They will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
how to store cookie bars-
These bars store well in an airtight container at room temperature, refrigerate covered if not used immediately.
Because of the cream cheese in the cookies, I would not recommend freezing the bars.
Give these chewy and easy bars a try. Your kids are going to love them! 🙂 Don’t forget to leave us comments below, we love hearing from you.
Try these other recipes:
- Nutella Rice Krispie Treats– A simple no bake treat.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies– The best cookie recipe!
- Blueberry Scones– Perfect for breakfast.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies– creamy peanut butter cookies.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Preheat oven to 355°F.
- Mix the cake mix, oil and egg in a bowl.
- Set aside approximately 3/4 cup of the mixture. No need to stuff the mixture into the measuring cups, it will become hard to work with.
- Take the rest of the mixture and spread it evenly in the pan.
- With a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth and craemy.
- Add the chocolate chip morsels to the cream cheese and mix with a spatula or spoon.
- Spread the cream cheese/morsels over the cake mixture.
- Take the remaining cake and in small pieces put it over the cream cheese/morsels.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden in color.
- These can be enjoyed warm or once they have completely cooled.