Crispy and Crunchy Red Cabbage Salad Recipe. This salad is like a loaded coleslaw recipe. Green cabbage combined with red cabbage, crispy almonds slices, sunflower seeds with a sweet and tangy homemade dressing.
This salad is definitely a keeper and a crowd pleaser at parties. Green cabbage along with red cabbage and carrots are so colorful and so good with radishes. My favorite part of the salad will have to be the added crunchiness from the sunflower seeds and almond slices. Makes the cabbage salad so unique and delicious.
How to Make Red Cabbage Salad Recipe-
- Finely shred the green and red cabbage.
- Julienne carrot and radishes.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add all of the ingredients for the dressing and whisk well.
- Pour dressing over ingredients and combine.
How to finely shred vegetables for salad-
- A mandoline slicer is best to use for cutting the cabbage. The cabbage pieces will be the same size and it’s much quicker to cut.
- I use a julienne slicer for the carrots. They look so pretty when sliced and all of the pieces are the same in size.
Can I prepare Red Cabbage Salad in advance?
This is a great salad to prepare in advance. Prepare everything the night before and keep it covered and refrigerated. Then, before serving, add the dressing and self. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
I hope you enjoyed this Crispy and Crunchy Red Cabbage Salad Recipe. Leave us feedback in the comments below if you prepare the salad, we’d love to hear from you. 🙂
Other salad recipes to try:
- Cabbage Corn Tomato Salad– The corn in this salad is wonderful.
- Bacon Cauliflower Salad– If you love bacon – this salad is for you.
- Broccoli Cabbage Salad– A wonderful combination and so healthy!
Crunchy Red Cabbage Salad
- 4 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 4-6 radishes, julienned
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup craisins (optional)
- 1-2 Tbsp green onion, finely chopped (optional)
- ¾ cup mayo
- 1 1/2 tsp vinegar
- 1 1/4 tsp granulated sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste (see note)
- Finely shred both green and red cabbages. Julienne carrot and radishes. Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for dressing. Pour about 2/3 of dressing. Add more dressing if needed. You don’t want it too wet.