This Instant Pot BBQ Chicken breast is the best chicken recipe. Pull-part tender shredded chicken in a sweet and tangy bbq sauce mixture. Serve as an entree, sandwiches, or even tacos
For a slow cooker method, try our BBQ Chicken recipe!
INSTANT POT BARBECUE CHICKEN-
With just 5 minutes of prep time, you can have this delicious barbecue chicken cooking! Chicken breast pressure cooked in a flavor-packed barbecue sauce and then shredded.
This recipe comes together so quickly making it the ultimate busy night dinner.
|If you are enjoying your Instant Pot, you’ll want to check out our other Instant Pot Recipes so many will become instant favorites!
All you need for this simple recipe is just a few basic ingredients!
- Chicken– For this recipe, we used boneless skinless chicken breasts. You can also use skinless boneless thighs or even chicken tenderloins.
- Liquid– We use chicken broth for this recipe, but you can substitute it for vegetable broth or even beef broth.
- Salt & Pepper– You want to season the salt and pepper chicken for flavor!
- Paprika– Paprika enhances the smoky flavor of the barbecue.
- Garlic– You can use either garlic powder or freshly minced garlic.
- Onion– We love adding onion powder for added flavor.
- Brown Sugar– To add that sweet flavor, we love to add brown sugar to this dish.
- Barbecue– You want to use your favorite bbq sauce, we love using Sweet Baby Ray’s.
HOW TO MAKE BBQ CHICKEN IN A PRESSURE COOKER-
All you need is just 5 minutes of prep time for this easy chicken recipe.
- Combine – add the chicken, broth, seasonings, brown sugar, and barbecue sauce into the instant pot.
- Cook – cover with the lid and seal, and set the cooking time to 12 minutes on high pressure.
- Shred chicken – manual quick release the pressure, remove the lid, and shred the chicken using two forks or an electric hand mixer.
- Combine – once the chicken is shredded, add it back into the bbq sauce and stir to combine.
- Serve and Enjoy!
SERVING IDEAS AND MEAL PREP-
The best thing about this recipe is that it can be served in so many different ways and used as meal prep for the week!
- Chicken Sandwiches: Traditional way on a bun with Homemade Coleslaw.
- Quesadillas: Add chicken to tortillas with cheese and make quesadillas, like our popular Cheese Quesadillas.
- Tacos: Make tacos by adding other favorite toppings.
- Wraps: Serve as lettuce wraps or chicken wraps by adding them to tortillas.
- Sliders: Make pull-apart sliders with the shredded bbq chicken for an event.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
The internal temperature of cooked chicken should read 165°F.
Store leftover chicken in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
To reheat, just add the chicken to a skillet and cook on low heat until warm (add more barbecue if needed). You can also reheat the chicken in an oven until warm.
Yes! Make the shredded chicken up to 2 days in advance and just reheat it before serving.
Yes! This chicken freezes great! Once the pulled chicken is cooled, add it to a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and then reheat.
OTHER INSTANT POT RECIPES-
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Apple Cider Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Dulce de Leche Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Breast
- Place the chicken breast, chicken broth, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, and bbq sauce to your instant pot.
- Close the lid, seal and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes with a quick release of pressure.
- Remove the chicken from the instant pot and shred using two forks.
- Return to the pot and toss with the sauce.
- Enjoy as desired.