This Layered Sponge Cake with Fruits is a favorite. Its sponge cake with a soft cream, topped with fruits and coconut. Must try this recipe!
There is nothing better than layered cakes, try our other AMAZING Layered Coconut Cake with Almonds Recipe.
There are so many variations one can concoct with sponge cake. This is my go-to recipe when I need a quick yet delicious cake. I love the flavor the simple and rich cream, coconuts and fresh fruit give. Our oldest son makes this from start to finish without my help and so you can imagine how simple this recipe is. Bake away and enjoy!! Not only is this cake simple but I think it’s just downright beautiful! Can you imagine making this cake for a gathering and the hit you’ll get with just the looks, plus the taste! You have to make this cake now! 😉
how to make a sponge cake with fruits-
- Prepare 2 (10”) springform pans. Cover bottom of pans with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 365˚F.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs and sugar on high speed for 20-2 minutes.
- Once the eggs have doubled fold in the flour with a spatula.
- Divide the mixture between two pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Prepare the cream– Combine together butter, cream cheese, sour cream, condensed milk, and powdered sugar.
- Assemble the cake– Take the first layer of cake and top with cream. Repeat with the rest of the layers and cover the top and sides of the cake with the rest of the cream.
- Generously cover the sides of the cake with coconut.
- Top the cake with sliced fruits.
Try some of these other Desserts:
- Puff Pastry Berries & Cream Wreath – Another great dessert recipe.
- Cake Roulade with Raspberries– A delicious roulade with fresh raspberries.
- Cherry Pastry Cake– Puff pastry sheets filled with cherries and sweet cream.
- Poppyseed Cake-The best poppyseed cake recipe.
Layered Sponge Cake with Fruits
- 7 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, room temp
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cool whip, thawed
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut
- 2 kiwis
- 3 strawberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- Prepare 2 (10”) spring form pans. Cover bottom of pans with parchment paper. Dust gently with flour. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 365˚F
- In a bowl combine eggs and sugar and beat on high speed for about 20-25 minutes or until the mixture triples in size.
- When eggs/have tripled, turn off the mixer and with a wooden spoon or spatula GENTLY add the flour working from the bottom up to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide mixture between two pans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden in color. Run a knife along edges of cake to loosen cake, remove sides. Cool cakes completely and cut in half.
- While the layers are baking, prepare the cream.
- Combine the butter, cream cheese, sour cream, condensed milk and powdered sugar in a bowl. On medium speed beat for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off mixer and fold in the cool whip with a spatula.
- Take your first layer and cover it with cream. Do the same with the rest of the layers then cover the sides and top of the cake with the remaining cream.
- Take the coconut and gently press to the side of the cake.
- Peel the kiwi and slice into thin slices. Cut of green top of strawberries and slice.
- Take the kiwi and go around overlapping each other. Place strawberries over the kiwis.
- Cut the blackberries in half and arrange them atop the strawberries.
- Finally, the raspberries in the center.