This Layered Sponge Cake Recipe with Fruits is a favorite. Soft and airy sponge cake layers with a sweet cream topped with fresh fruit and coconut shaving!
If you love layered cakes, try our other Layered Coconut Cake.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
sponge cake recipe-
There is nothing better than a foam-like sponge cake recipe. This sponge cake is so simple to make and great to use as a base for many cakes! The combination of sponge cake layeres with a rich cream and coconut shavings is amazing!
how to make a sponge cake-
- Prepare 2 (10”) springform pans, cover the bottom of pans with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs and sugar at high speed for 15 minutes.
- Once the eggs have doubled in size, fold in the flour mixed with baking powdered.
- Divide the mixture between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Once layers have cooled, slice in half resulting in 4 cake layers.
PREPARE THE CREAM–
- Combine together butter, cream cheese, sour cream, condensed milk and powdered sugar until creamy and well incorporated.
ASSEMBLE THE CAKE–
- Take the first layer of cake and top with cream. Repeat with the rest of the layers and cover the top and sides of the cake with the rest of the cream.
- Generously cover the sides of the cake with coconut.
- Top the cake with sliced fruits.
NOTE: If you don’t like coconut shavings, decorate the cake as desired.
You can use your favorite fruit or berries for this cake recipe, whatever you have on hand will work.
NOTE: If preparing the cake the night before, top with the fruit before serving to keep fruit from going bad.
OTHER DESSERTS TO TRY:
- Puff Pastry Berries & Cream Wreath – So festive and gorgeous.
- Cake Roulade with Raspberries– Easy roulade with fresh raspberries.
- Cherry Pastry Cake– Puff pastry sheets filled with cherries and sweet cream.
- Poppyseed Cake-The best poppyseed cake recipe.
Layered Sponge Cake Recipe with Fruits
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut
- 2 kiwis
- 3 strawberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- Preheat oven to 365°F and line 2 springform pans with parchment papers.
- With a mixer beat together eggs and sugar on high speed for about 15 minutes, until the eggs have tripled in size.
- With a spatula, fold in the flour combined with baking powder until well incorporated.
- Divide batter between two pans. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden in color.
- Run a knife along edges of the cake to loosen the cake, remove sides. Cool cakes completely and cut in half resulting in four layers.
- Prepare cream. Combine the butter, cream cheese, sour cream, condensed milk, and powdered sugar in a bowl. Turn off mixer and fold in the cool whip with a spatula.
- Add your first cake layer onto the cake platter and cover it with cream. Do the same with the rest of the layers then cover the sides and top of the cake with the remaining cream.
- Take the coconut and gently press to the side of the cake.
- Top the cake with your choice of fruit.