Rich and creamy Pineapple Mango Smoothie with almond milk, fresh mangos, yogurt and pineapple. This healthy smoothie is the perfect way to start the day. I love that the smoothie can be made in just 5 minutes!
pineapple mango smoothie-
I just love the combination of flavors in this smoothie. The pineapple with mangoes, almond milk, yogurt and honey is amazing together. Though you can skip the ice, I love the extra coolness the ice gives the drink on a hot day.
love for mangos-
So.. True story.. Because sometimes a love for food has a legit story behind it, like this one.
I started loving mangos not too long ago, before that, they were so disgusting to me.
We went on a mission trip with our church to Mexico during the winter of 2017. Though I am not a really picky eater, I had a really rough time with the food there, like a really hard time. We went shopping for groceries one day for the local mis and purchased fresh mangos, something they cannot afford and we treated them. I wanted something other than beans so badly, so I tried a mango. Then another. And another.
I. WAS. HOOKED!! Ever since that trip, my love for mangos is a serious matter.
how to make a mango smoothie?
Add all of the ingredients for the mango smoothie into a blender. Add the almond milk, yogurt, pineapple and mango chunks, vanilla, honey and ice. Blend until smooth and creamy.
mango smoothie variations-
I like this variation of a mango smoothie as it’s pretty basic and simple to make. You can change it up a bit by adding any of the following:
- Chia seed
tips for the best mango pineapple smoothie-
- You can substitute regular yogurt for Greek yogurt for a richer smoothie. Greek yogurt is strained more of whey and it makes the yogurt creamier and a thicker consistency. Both are just as good for you and so healthy.
- If mangos aren’t in season, you can substitute for frozen mangos (though fresh mangos are best, of course).
- If you don’t have almond milk, you can use regular milk or coconut milk.
- Add more honey for a sweeter smoothie.
- For a lighter smoothie, substitute the milk for 100% orange or pineapple juice.
Enjoy this amazing homemade mango pineapple smoothie, friends. Whether it’s during the summer heat or a treat during the cooler weather, this mango sure is a treat and totally guilt-free.
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2/3 cup plain or vanilla yogurt (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 1/2 cup pineapple, cubed
- 2 cups mango, cubed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup crushed ice, optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.