An amazing recipe for a Pumpkin Bundt Cake. Banana and pumpkin batter with chocolate chip morsels and a rich cream cheese layer. This is a gorgeous way to make a simple pumpkin cake recipe impressive and wow your guests.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I love a good fall recipe with pumpkin as the main ingredient. Something about pumpkin makes it feel like fall and warmer weather and hot beverages.
This Pumpkin Bundt Cake is great because not only is it really easy to make, it truly does have a WOW effect when served. I love the combination of bananas with pumpkin, they compliment each other so well. The chocolate chip morsels add flavor and the cream cheese layer seals the deal. A wonderful dessert recipe indeed. Don’t feel intimidated by the dessert. It’s so easy to make!
Enjoy this short video and follow us on FACEBOOK for more video recipe tutorials.
How to make a Pumpkin Bundt Cake-
Prepare the easy and delicious banana pumpkin batter with chocolate chips.
Pour a part of the batter into a bundt pan. Add cream cheese layer. Add remaining batter over the cream cheese.
Bake bundt cake.
TIP: When adding the cream cheese, leave room around the edges of the pan for more batter so the cake seals. If the cream cheese is spread to the edges it will ooze out and the bundt cake will fall apart once flipped.
I hope you give this Pumpkin recipe a try. It won’t disappoint. You’ll fall in love with the moist batter and cream cheese layer.
I used powdered sugar for dusting the cake, this is optional.
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F at step 9.
- Lightly grease a round Bundt cake pan with butter or baking spray.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin spice. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed, beat sugar and eggs about 2 minutes.
- With a fork mash the banana(s). Add banana(s), oil and pumpkin puree to bowl. Give it a quick mix on low speed.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed
- Add chocolate chips and mix with a spatula.
- Pour half of the pumpkin batter into the pan. Add the cream cheese mixture leaving room on edges of the pan. Gently add remaining mixture. Spread evenly.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Check for the readiness with a toothpick
- Remove cake loaf from the oven as wet onto a cooling rack. Let the cake cool for a few minutes. Release edges of cake from pan with a spoon (if necessary).
- Place cake platter onto Bundt pan. Holding the two together, flip the cake. Let the cake cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar. Enjoy.