The easiest Slow Cooker Roast Beef and Vegetables recipe. Beef roasted with vegetables resulting in the juiciest meat with only 10 minutes of prep time and no searing. Throw everything in and let the crockpot do the rest of the work. Perfect for busy dinners.
The Best Slow Cooker Pot Roast is just as good but with added potatoes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
easy slow cooker roast beef-
A slow cooker roast beef is especially great for busy evening. With just 10 minutes of prep time, you have yourself a delicious dinner! The meat is cooked low and becomes melt in your mouth tender and combined with the added vegetables, this is comfort food at its finest.
You can prep everything the night before if you’ll be busy, just keep refrigerated and cook the day of.
how to make slow cooker roast beef-
VEGETABLES- For this recipe we used carrots and celery cut into strips and quartered the onion. You can also use green beans.
BEEF– For the meat, we used a chuck roast. A shoulder steak, pot roast, chuck or round steak, top blade or just about any roast can be used for a tender crockpot roast beef. You’ll want to cut the meat into about 1 ½” – 2” pieces.
SEASONING- What makes this recipe so easy is that you don’t need any kind of seasoning for it. Just use your favorite Italian salad dressing and you are set. So easy.
ROAST- Add all of the ingredients into a crockpot and cook. To cook roast on low, you’ll need about 6-7 hours, and on high about 4-5 hours. You’ll know the meat is done when it’s tender and falls apart easily when shredded with forks.
TIP: Don’t discard of the juices if you don’t eat all of the roast. Keep meat in its juices. Reheat in a skillet and mix with barbecue for leftover pulled barbecue roast sandwich.
I really enjoy the unique flavors the Italian dressing gives the meat and vegetable. I hope you enjoy the meat as much as our family does and don’t forget to leave us feedback in the comments below.
you’ll love these other recipes:
- BBQ Crockpot Roast– Roast beef chunks cooked in a tangy BBQ sauce.
- Baked Chicken Fajitas– Simple chicken fajitas recipe.
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Crockpot Recipe– Juicy pulled chicken in barbecue sauce, perfect for sandwiches.
Slow Cooker Roast Beef and Vegetables
- 3 - 3 1/2 pounds beef
- 1 medium onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 5 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 1/2 cups Italian dressing
- Cut meat into 1 ½” – 2” pieces. Cut carrots and celery into strips.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a slow cooker and pour dressing over everything, toss lightly to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours), or until the beef is tender and falls apart easily when shredded with a fork.
- Shred beef in with a fork and serve.