This Breakfast Avocado Egg Sandwich is the perfect way to start your day. A light yet filling breakfast egg sandwich with tomato, basil, and a homemade balsamic glaze. A delicious and simple way to start your day right with the perfect breakfast sandwich.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
avocado for breakfast egg sandwich-
Avocado is one of my favorite ingredients to add to any breakfast from our one-pan breakfast skillet to warm canapes, avocado is the perfect compliment to breakfast. This avocado egg sandwich with fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and balsamic glaze is just the perfect combination.
how to toast English muffins-
How do you toast your English muffins for breakfast sandwiches? I enjoy toasting my English muffins in the oven. It works much better than a toaster. I add the cheese over the muffins and the cheese melts while the English muffin toasts. Meanwhile, I slice the remaining ingredients and cook the egg, it’s a perfect quick breakfast.
margherita pizza inspired-
The inspiration for this egg sandwich came from my love for Margherita pizza. It has cheese, fresh tomatoes with basil and a balsamic glaze. I just loved the combination and thought why not try something like with an egg sandwich. It was love at first bite! Truly was. I made it like 3 days in a row and make it on a regular basis now.
If you’ve never tried Margherita pizza from a good restaurant or pizza oven – you are missing out.
how to make a balsamic glaze-
I make this wonderful glaze and double the portion. Then, just keep it refrigerated and use as needed. Brown sugar may be substituted with honey if you prefer honey.
Balsamic Glaze Ingredients-
½ cup balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp lightly packed brown sugar
Instructions for Balsamic Glaze-
In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low, simmer until mixture is reduced by half (about 15 minutes), stirring as needed.
Cool glaze completely. Keep refrigerated.
Enjoy these other breakfast recipes-
- Egg with Vegetables in a Skillet– for the mushroom lovers!
- Zucchini Eggs Breakfast Fritters– the filling is amazing.
- Breakfast Burrito– Yes, yes, yes.
Breakfast Avocado Egg Sandwich
- 2 English muffins
- 4 slices original baby Swiss cheese
- 4 tomato slices
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp balsamic glaze
- Slice the English muffins in half. Place 2 slices of Swiss cheese onto each muffin.
- Toast in the oven at 400°F until the cheese melts and muffins are desired crunchiness (5-8 min.)
- Slice the tomato into thin slices. Slice 1/2 an avocado into thin slices, using 1/4 on each sandwich. Chop the basil.
- Cook 2 eggs with 1 tsp oil.
- Place the tomato, avocado, egg, and basil on top of the English muffins. Drizzle the balsamic glaze on top.
- Enjoy, friends.