This Beef and Vegetable Salad is a unique but wonderful salad. Cooked beef strips with sauteed carrots, peppers and fresh cucumbers with a homemade soy dressing. A must-try salad.
Try this Russian Chicken Vegetable Salad Recipe.
how to make beef and vegetable salad-
Cut beef and peppers into thin strands. Julienne carrots (not too thin). Slice onion. Cut cucumbers into spears. All of the vegetables should be uniform in size.
In a large skillet, cook meat until tender.
Add onions, carrots, and peppers cooking until each is tender. Set aside to cool.
prepare Japanese inspired dressing-
In a bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, garlic, Tobasco, oil, salt, and pepper.
In a large serving bowl, add the cooled ingredients from skillet, fresh cucumbers, and herbs. Add dressing. Toss until well combined. Refrigerate leftovers.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you make it. 🙂 We just love seeing your creations. #ValentinasCorner
Try these Uzbek recipes:
Beef and Vegetable Salad
- 3/4 pound beef, steak or sirloin
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 red pepper, strands
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 small/medium onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp oil, to saute
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp granulated sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Tobasco sauce
- 3 Tbsp oil (canola or olive oil)
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ cup fresh herbs, chopped (parsley or cilantro)
- Cut beef and peppers into strands. Julienne carrots. Slice onion.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil on med/high heat. Add meat and cook until golden in color and almost fully cooked, stirring frequently, cook 4 -5 minutes. Turn heat down to low, cover skillet and cook another 8-10 minutes, until meat is tender.
- Turn heat back up to medium/high. Add onions and cook another 3 minutes, until onions become tender.
- Add carrots and 1 Tbsp oil. Cook another 3 minutes. Add red peppers, cook another 3-4 minutes, just until all the vegetables are slightly tender. You don’t want to overcook the vegetables. Set aside to completely cool.
- Cut cucumbers into spears.
- Prepare the dressing. In a bowl, combine soy sauce, sugar, garlic, Tobasco, oil, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl add the cucumbers, cooled ingredients from the skillet, herbs and dressing. Toss to combine.