The BEST Chicken Tacos Recipe, ready in just 20 minutes! Juicy seasoned chicken topped with avocado, tomatoes, cilantro, and cheese is a great idea for a quick and easy dinner!
We are all about tacos here. Taco Tuesday is a legit tradition in the home that is taken seriously. Though the kids love Classic Beef Tacos and my husband enjoys Fish Tacos or even Fajitas, I favor these chicken tacos.
Chicken Taco Recipe-
Mexican inspired taco nights are fun for the entire family. We enjoy adding the toppings to different bowls and serving them buffet style so everyone can top their tacos with their favorite toppings. I like to keep these chicken tacos pretty simple. Seasoned chicken over a bed of lettuce and topped with tomatoes, avocado, feta cheese, tomatoes, and cilantro.
Enjoy the tacos with either sour cream, salsa, or even our cilantro lime sauce that we use in our Shrimp Tacos. And don’t forget to squeeze fresh lime juice before serving.
How to make Chicken Tacos-
- CHICKEN– Season the chicken. Saute the chicken until cooked through. Cube or slice the chicken.
- TOPPINGS– Meanwhile prep all toppings. Thinly slice the lettuce, cube the tomato, and avocado.
- TORTILLAS– Heat tortillas until warm and crispy.
- ASSEMBLE– Assemble toppings by adding lettuce to a tortilla. Top with warm chicken and remaining desired toppings. Serve and enjoy.
|Arrange toppings on a large platter or in individual bowls to serve buffet style. (We just used a rimmed baking dish.)|
TIPS for the BEST Chicken Tacos-
- You can use any leftover chicken you have for this recipe.
- Corn or flour tortillas will work great.
- The chicken may be grilled instead of pan-cooked during grilling season.
- Prep ahead by making everything and keep refrigerated. Reheat chicken before serving.
- The chicken will keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Use other toppings like beans, cheese, jalapenos, mild cheddar, or homemade guacamole.
I love how quick and easy it is to make these Chicken Tacos, and isn’t that what tacos are all about. I hope your family enjoys the recipe just as much as we do, kids and adults alike (and that doesn’t always happen).
OTHER TACO INSPIRED RECIPES:
- Taco Soup Recipe– so easy to make.
- Dorito Taco Salad– if you like salad.
- Taco Bowl– a hearty one-bowl meal.
- Taco Meat– a classic recipe for the best taco meat.
Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Cube or slice the cooked chicken thighs. Prepare all the desired toppings for the tacos.
- Heat the flour tortillas.
- Assemble taco. Add lettuce, then chicken and top with desired toppings.
- Serve and enjoy.