The easiest recipe for Marinated Tomatoes resulting in the juiciest tomatoes! Fresh tomatoes marinated in an easy marinade – you’ll enjoy the recipe all summer long.
There is nothing better than enjoying fresh tomatoes in the summertime! Though we love the Tomato and Bruschetta Salad and our Fresh Tomato Salad, these marinated tomatoes may be refrigerated and enjoyed for days making them such a treat.
MARINATED TOMATO RECIPE-
We love making these marinated tomatoes during the summertime, especially when the garden is bursting with ripe tomatoes! With just a few simple ingredients you can have these hearty, flavor-packed tomatoes ready to enjoy.
These delicious tomatoes only require just a few simple ingredients!
- Tomatoes– Be sure to use fresh, ripe tomatoes for this recipe. You can use any tomatoes; cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, roma tomatoes, campari tomatoes, and any other fresh tomato.
- Oil– For the best results, use olive oil for the recipe. You can also use sunflower oil, grapeseed oil or even avocado oil.
- Vinegar– This recipe calls for white vinegar, giving the tomatoes a tangy flavor.
- Garlic– Freshly minced garlic cloves is what gives this recipe so many delicious flavors!
- Salt & Pepper– You want to be sure to use salt and pepper to flavor the tomatoes.
- Herbs– We use a variety of different herbs for this recipe, chives, cilantro, and parsley! You can use any of your favorite fresh herbs or a combination of herbs.
HOW TO MAKE MARINATED TOMATOES-
All there is to making these marinated tomatoes is just throwing them into the marinade and let the marinade do all the work!
- Cut the tomatoes into the desired sizes.
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade. Add the tomatoes to the bowl and toss.
- Cover and let marinade for at least 2 hours.
Once the tomatoes are marinated, combine them with other ingredients for an elevated salad. Here are some things we like to add with the tomatoes:
- Cucumber Slices
- Sliced Red Onion
- Mozzarella Pearls
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
You want to marinate the tomatoes for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
These tomatoes can be halved, quartered or sliced. You can cut them based on your preference.
No, you do not need to peel the skin off the tomatoes.
Store the tomatoes in an airtight container in the fridge.
These tomatoes will last in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
These tomatoes are great to serve as a side dish. Here are some delicious recipes to pair these tomatoes with:
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes sliced
- Sliced the tomatoes into the desired sizes and add them to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, chives, cilantro, and parsley.
- Add the marinade to the tomatoes and toss.
- Cover the tomatoes and let marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!