This homemade meatball Rice Soup recipe is so flavorful and easy to make. The soup is loaded with vegetables, meatballs and rice – so light yet so filling. It’s that perfect bowl of soup you can enjoy all year round.
RICE SOUP RECIPE-
This easy rice soup recipe is made in 30 minutes. The juicy meatballs with rice, potatoes, and sauteed vegetables are such a wonderful combination of flavor.
HOW TO MAKE RICE SOUP-
- Heat liquids: First, bring water and broth to a boil in a large soup pot or Dutch oven.
- Prep veggies: Cube potatoes and cover with cold water. Rinse rice. Finely chop onions, shred carrots and tomatoes.
- Cook rice: Once the water boils, add the rice and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add potatoes: Add potatoes, salt, pepper and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Make meatballs: In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the meatballs and shape into small pieces. Add to the pot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Saute vegetables: Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion until tender, add carrots and saute. Add the tomatoes, ketchup and sour cream and stir to combine.
- Combine: Add the sauteed vegetables to the pot with the herbs. Stir to combine and enjoy.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
I would not recommend freezing this soup.
Yes, you can definitely substitute for chicken breast, chicken thighs or beef. Saute the meat with the vegetables or just use leftover meat.
Yes! If you have any leftover rice, just add it in once the potatoes are cooked.
MORE SOUPS TO TRY-
Meatball Rice Soup Recipe
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water has come to a boil, add in the cubed potates and rice and cook on medium high heat for 15 minutes. Removing anything that floats to the top (white starch from potatoes).
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, salt, pepper, and vegeta. Shape 24-28 meatballs. Once shaped add all the meatballs into the Dutch oven and allow to cook for another 10-12 minutes.
- In a skillet, saute the onion and carrots with the oil on medium high heat until the veggies are tender. Add the shredded tomatoes, ketchup, and sour cream to the skillet and mix and cook for another minute.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the pot along with the seasoning and bring the soup to a simmer. Add in chopped herbs and remove from heat.
- Serve and enjoy.