This Bacon Quinoa Spinach Salad Recipe is everything you could ask for in a salad. The salad is rather easy to make and is packed with so many healthy ingredients. Fresh spinach with quinoa, bacon, avocado and a homemade garlic vinaigrette dressing that takes the salad over the top.
This salad is great if served as a side salad or enjoy as a meal – yes, it’s that good!
Not only does quinoa have so many health benefits and considered a superfood, but it also adds so much flavor to this spinach salad. The spinach with quinoa, avocado, bacon all mixed with a great dressing, this salad is amazing! This is a great way to sneak in quinoa if you are not a fan quinoa by itself.
how to make spinach salad recipe-
- Prepare the salad dressing.
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Cook bacon. Set aside to cool.
- Slice red onion and cut tomatoes in half.
- Cut avocado into thin slices or cubes.
- Add everything to a large salad bowl. Mix.
- Drizzle salad with oil and mix again.
can I make spinach salad ahead of time?
Yes, the salad may be prepared up to one day advance, just DON’T mix the salad. Prepare the spinach salad per instructions and the dressing. Keep the dressing separate. Add to salad and mix before serving.
homemade vinaigrette dressing-
The homemade dressing is so good in this salad. The oil mixed with vinegar, Dijon mustard and garlic adds so much flavor to the already amazing salad.
what kind of oil can I use?
You can use your favorite oil. Grapeseed, avocado oil, olive oil or walnut oil may all be used.
I hope you loved this Quinoa Spinach Salad with homemade dressing. Don’t forget to leave us feedback in the comments below and tag us on social media if you make this recipe.
Try these other SALAD recipes:
- Romaine Tomato Avocado Salad- Another healthy salad recipe.
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad- Amazing combination of raw broccoli and cauliflower.
- Romaine Avocado Chicken Salad– If you like chicken in your salad, try this.
Bacon Quinoa Spinach Salad
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 1 pack bacon, cooked
- 10 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 cup grape seed oil (olive oil may be used)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Rinse quinoa and cook according to package instructions. Mine took about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and lay out your bacon. Bake in preheated oven to 375°F until the bacon has reached desired crunchiness. Set bacon aside to cool.
- Slice onion into thin slices. Halve tomatoes. Once bacon is cooled, pat with a paper towel and cut into small pieces.
- Prepare Vinaigrette: Combine oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon, salt and pepper. Mix vigorously. Add minced garlic before serving and give it a quick whisk.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl, add Vinaigrette dressing and combine. So good!.
I wanted to give a special thank you to my friend, Galina, for sharing this salad recipe with me. Thank you BUNCHES! It’s delicious and is a keeper recipe. 🙂