Great tender Pork Kabobs recipe my mother-in-law inspired with her Uzbek kitchen.
I love this recipe for juicy, tender pork kabobs (shashlik in Russian). They are Uzbek (Asian) inspired. My mother-in-law always marinades her kebabs in mineral water, seltzer water or club soda and they come out so delicious. The ground coriander really gives it an Asian taste.
If you have never had Onion Salad with you shish kabobs, you truly are missing out. Okay before you say yuck, please just give it a try. It truly completely kebabs. I remember the very first time they served the onion salad, I said there is no way that is going in my mouth but hubby kindly asked and so I tried it and I was in love. We now no longer make kabobs without the onion salad. My whole family loves it now and always looks for the salad if we are having sashliki, hehe. 🙂
How to make Tender Pork Kebabs:
- Cut pork into about 1″ pieces.
- Slice onion thin, slice the garlic.
- In a bowl, mix pork, onions, and garlic.
- In a separate bowl combine club soda, salt, coriander, paprika, and pepper; mix.
- Pour into the bowl and combine. Cover bowl and set into the refrigerator overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Add the meat onto the skewers. Don’t put them too close or else the meat won’t cook all the way through.
- Grill on med/high heat until all sides of kebabs are cooked through. Enjoy immediately. Squeeze fresh lemon juice onto kebabs, is desired. 🙂
Try these other great recipes:
- Grilled Chicken Kebabs– Great dinner idea.
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Kabobs– The best buffalo ranch chicken recipe!
- Tender Grilled Chicken Thighs– Thighs with the perfect marinade and then grilled!
- Ground Beef Kabobs– A simple and delicious dinner recipe.
Tender Pork Kabobs
- Cut meat into about 1" pieces. Place into bowl.
- Slice onion thin, slice garlic; add to the bowl and toss.
- In a separate bowl combine club soda, salt, coriander, paprika and pepper; mix. Pour into bowl and combine. Cover bowl and set into the refrigerator overnight or at least 6 hours. Mix few times during the marinading.
- Add the meat onto the skewers . Don't put them too close or else the meat won't cook all the way through.
- Grill on med/high heat until all sides of kebabs are cooked through. Enjoy immediately.