This easy Zucchini Bread recipe is amazing, it truly is the BEST recipe! Moist and soft bread loaf loaded with fresh zucchini, bananas and chocolate chips! The bread is not overly sweet but sweet enough to satisfy the dessert cravings!
I love this sweet loaf recipe. The amazing flavors of banana, zucchini and chocolate chip morsels is phenomenal. You’d never expect the flavors to work so well together. This is a great way to use up overripe bananas or zucchini during zucchini season.
This loaf is wonderful to gift neighbors, teachers or loved ones around the holidays.
NOTE: For those wondering if you can taste the zucchini in the bread, the answer is – no! Even your picky eaters will enjoy the bread. It’s a great way to sneak zucchini in. 🙂
How to Make Zucchini Bread-
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and soda.
- Beat the sugar and eggs together.
- Grate zucchini. TIP: Don’t squeeze out juices from zucchini, they add moistness to the bread.
- Mash bananas.
- Then add zucchini, bananas, oil, salt and vanilla to egg bowl, mix.
- Add half of the flour mixture, mix. Add remaining flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chip morsels, leaving a few morsels.
- Pour batter into the bread pan. Add the few morsels to top of batter.
- Bake and ENJOY!
How do you Cut Zucchini? Do you peel Zucchini?
You want to grate the zucchini.
Also, you don’t have to peel the zucchini for loaf. Just cup of the ends of the zucchini.
How long will Zucchini Bread last?
Zucchini bread will stay fresh wrapped for 1-2 days at room temperature, 3-4 days if refrigerated. Keep wrapped. Reheat bread before enjoying if warm bread is desired.
Can you Freeze zucchini loaf?
Yes, this loaf freezes wonderfully. Completely cool bread. Wrap bread in plastic wrap, then foil and freeze, or use a Jumbo Ziploc bag. You can also freeze individually wrapped slices.
What size Bread Pan Do I need for this loaf?
This bread is best if baked in a 9”x5” bread pan.
Try these other recipes:
Banana Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 ½ - 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp table salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chip morsels
- Preheat oven to 355 °F.
- Prepare 9”x5” bread pan. Cover with parchment paper and lightly coat with baking spray, dust with flour. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder, set aside.
- In a large bowl, on medium speed, beat sugar and eggs about 2 minutes.
- With a fork mash the bananas. Grate zucchini. Add bananas, zucchini, oil, salt and vanilla to sugar/egg bowl. Give it a quick mix.
- Add half of the flour mixture and mix; add remaining flour and mix. Add chocolate chip morsels, mix, leave a few morsels.
- Pour batter into loaf pan, add the leftover morsels. Bake in preheated oven at 355°F for 40-50 min. Check readiness with a toothpick, it will come out clean if ready.