Easy, healthy, an under-30 minute recipe for Baked Salmon with Avocado Salsa. Oven baked salmon with an easy homemade guacamole inspired avocado salsa.
Pin this recipe to your entree board HERE!
Salmon with avocado
Oh, how I love easy recipes and this falls into that category. Baked salmon is frequently on our dinner menu. The One-Pan Salmon with Shrimp and is served regularly in our home, as is the Crab Stuffed Salmon. Loving salmon so much gave me the inspiration for this new salmon avocado combination and I must tell you, it is by far, one of the most amazing recipes I have on my blog. We cannot get enough of it.
The salmon itself is so flavorful and you can enjoy it without the salsa (this is how the kids eat it). My hubby and I just love the avocado salsa over it (it’s like guacamole over salmon), pure perfection. You want to just savor and enjoy every bite as the juicy and flavorful salmon combines with the avocado. A match made in kitchen heaven (I totally just made that up but it sounds legit!)
How to make baked salmon with avocado salsa
- Slice salmon into 4 to 5 even fillets.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the rub, top all sides of the salmon generously.
- Bake 12-15 minute, depending on the thickness of your fillet.
- Meanwhile, prepare avocado salsa. Combine onion, cilantro, jalapenos, minced garlic, tomatoes and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well.
- Transfer baked salmon to a serving dish. Top salmon with avocado salsa. Serve immediately.
This baked salmon recipe is so easy
There are those recipes that take forever to prepare and cook. Seems like you slave in the kitchen for hours to enjoy dinner (that takes 5 minutes to devour, sigh). That is not the case with this recipe. I love how easy this recipe is to make. I especially love this recipe because it’s super easy to make but has such a WOW factor when presented that you’d never guess that.
This easy baked salmon is the perfect dish to serve when you are having guests and want to make an impression with dinner but don’t have too much time on your hands. Everyone will be asking for your secret recipe (which of course you’ll share our blog, thank you, hehe). 🙂
How to make the perfect baked salmon fillets
It’s important to make sure you don’t overbake your salmon fillet. You want the salmon to be cooked enough that it easily pulls apart. Baking time will vary depending on the size of the fillet. Bake between 12-15 minutes, keeping an eye on it towards the end of baking.
What can I serve this salmon with?
Since there is already an avocado salsa with the salmon, all you need is a side. Rice, roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes are all great options to serve as a side.
OTHER SALMON RECIPES TO TRY-
Crab Stuffed Salmon– A marinated salmon stuffed with crab stuffing.
Baked Salmon with Ranch & Cheese- Salmon topped with ranch and cheese.
Baked Salmon topped with a fresh Avocado Salsa.
- 2 pounds salmon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ cups cubed tomatoes
- 4-5 canned jalapeno rings, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice salmon into 4 to 5 fillet.
- Combine olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, chili powder, pepper and salt. Rub on all sides of the salmon.
- Bake 12-15 minute, depending on thickness of your fillet.
- Meanwhile, prepare avocado salsa. Chop onions (finely), cilantro and jalapenos. Mince garlic. Cube tomatoes and peeled avocado. Mix onion, cilantro, jalapenos, garlic, tomato and lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Add avocado, lightly toss.
- Transfer baked salmon to serving platter. Top salmon with avocado salsa. Serve immediately.
UPDATING AN OLD POST: