Easy under-30 minute recipe for Baked Salmon with Avocado Salsa. Oven baked seasoned fillets topped with delicious homemade guacamole inspired avocado salsa.
Just like our Salmon and Shrimp Recipe, this recipe is so healthy and you don’t have to feel guilty about serving your family.
salmon with avocado
Salmon fillets in the most delicious oil, garlic and seasonings rub baked until juicy and flakey. Once baked, the rub gives the salmon so much flavor and it becomes so juicy, flaky and tender. When topped with the most delicious avocado salsa, it’s an unforgettable dish.
how to make baked salmon with avocado salsa-
- Slice salmon into 4 to 5 even fillets.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the rub and generously coat the fillets on all sides.
- Bake 12-15 minute, until cooked.
- Prepare the avocado salsa (guacamole).
- Once fillets are baked, top with the salsa and serve.
TIP: Wait until the fillets are almost done baking to prepare the avocado salsa.
how to make the perfect fillets-
It’s important to make sure you don’t overbake your fillets. You want the salmon to be cooked enough that, it easily pulls apart. Baking time will vary depending on the size of the fillet. Bake between 12-15 minutes, keeping an eye on it towards the end of the baking.
what can I serve with this recipe?
Don’t forget to leave us feedback in the comments below if you try the recipe – we love hearing from you!
Try these other great recipes-
- Baked Salmon with Ranch & Cheese- Salmon with creamy Parmesan Ranch and cheese.
- Salmon Dip– Creamy cold dip with salmon.
Baked Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- 2 pounds fresh salmon
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp table salt
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ lemon, squeezed
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ cups cubed tomatoes
- 4-5 canned jalapeno rings, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice salmon into 4 to 5 fillet.
- Combine olive oil, minced garlic, paprika, chili powder, pepper and salt. Rub on all sides of the salmon.
- Bake 12-15 minute, depending on thickness of your fillet.
- Meanwhile, prepare avocado salsa. Chop onions (finely), cilantro and jalapenos. Mince garlic. Cube tomatoes and peeled avocado.
- Mix the onion, cilantro, jalapenos, garlic, tomato and lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Add avocado, lightly toss.
- Transfer baked salmon to serving platter.
- Top salmon with avocado salsa. Serve immediately.