Easy recipe for homemade baked zucchini fries. Crispy and crunchy on the outside and so juicy on the inside, served with an avocado ranch dip.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
You are going to love these zucchini fries and you’d never know they weren’t fried! The zucchini are dredged in parmesan crumbs and baked until crispy. The avocado dip is so easy and adds so much flavor to the fries. Not only is it so much easier to just bake the zucchini, but it’s also so much healthier too!
how to make zucchini fries:
It’s so easy to make this recipe and you’re totally in for a treat. Our kiddos, who don’t like zucchini at all, love the zucchini fries. It must be that crispy breading.
- Prepare all three individual bowls.
- Sift the flour in the first bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs in the second bowl.
- Cut the zucchini into even wedges about the size of a large fry or a small potato Jojo.
- Dredge the zucchini into the first bowl, then the second bowl, and then the third bowl.
- Transfer zucchini wedges to a lined baking sheet. Cook until crispy.
TIP: To keep the zucchini fries crispy, be sure to bake the fries at high temperature and make sure the oven is already preheated.
prepare avocado ranch dip-
This creamy dip completes the amazing side dish. In a bowl combine the ingredients. Mash the avocado add in the ranch dressing, minced garlic, hot sauce and pepper: mix until creamy and well combined.
Even you aren’t a fan of zucchini, give the side dish a try. You are totally in for a treat.
What can I serve zucchini fries with?
Though this avocado ranch dip is amazing that we share, you don’t have to make it. You can use something you already have in your refrigerator. Here are some ideas what to use as a dip for the zucchini fries-
- Ranch dressing
- Homemade chipotle ranch
Try these other SIDE DISHES:
Baked Zucchini Fries
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into small fries (wedges)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- Cut the zucchini into thin even fries (wedges).
- Prepare bowl 1, bowl 2, and bowl 3.
- Working in batches, fully dredge the zucchini fries into the flour bowl, then egg bowl, and finishes by dredging into bread crumb bowl. Pressing the zucchini to fully coat them in the mixture.
- Place the coated zucchini fries onto the lined baking sheet.
- Baked at 425°F for about 20-25 minutes, until the zucchini fries are crispy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the avocado dipping sauce. In a bowl, combine the mashed avocado, mayo, Ranch dressing, garlic, hot sauce, and pepper.
- Enjoy the baked zucchini fries with the homemade avocado dipping sauce.