The Beef and Noodles Recipe is the easiest dinner idea. Chunks of beef smothered in a rich mushroom gravy served with noodles. This 30-minute meal is great for busy evenings and comfort food at its finest.
If you enjoy beef recipes, try our Beef Stroganoff and the Beef Goulash recipes.
Beef and Noodles Recipe-
There are some combinations that just work and taste great, especially during the cooler weather! The beef tips with the homemade mushroom gravy and egg noodles are the perfect combination that works.
What are egg noddles? Though they are both unleavened dough, egg noodles are different from pasta noodles because they contain more eggs. Pasta is flour-based and egg noodles are egg-based ingredients.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Easy to make
- Ready in under 30 minutes
- Great to enjoy as leftovers
- Comfort food everyone will enjoy
The ingredients for egg and noodles are simple and you most likely already have them in your pantry.
- Beef- Your favorite cut of beef will work.
- Oil and butter- Used to sautee the ingredients.
- Onion- Half of a med/large onion.
- Mushrooms- White or portabella mushrooms are your favorite mushrooms.
- Added flavor- Garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and bay leave add so much flavor to the dish.
- Broth- The beef broth is used as the base for gravy. You can use regular or low-sodium beef broth for the recipe.
- Seasoning- Salt and pepper is used as the seasoning.
- Corn starch- The thickening agent but may be substituted with flour.
- Noodles- You can your favorite long or short egg noodles.
How to make Beef and Noodles-
This one-pot dinner comes together so quickly! We use a Dutch oven but a pot with a thick bottom will work just fine.
- Cook noodles. In a Dutch oven, cook your noodles al dente according to package instructions. Drain Pasta, cover, and set aside to keep warm.
- Saute beef. In the same Dutch oven (or large skillet), heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until browned, season with salt and pepper. Remove from the Dutch oven and cover the beef to keep it warm.
- Saute mushrooms. Add mushrooms, onion, and butter, and saute until mushrooms are browned and onion tender. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, add the beef back.
- Make sauce. Quickly stir in the corn starch then add the broth and bay leaf and bring to a soft boil. Turn heat to low and cook 10-15 minutes or until beef is tender, stirring as needed.
- Combine. Finally, add the noodles to the beef and mushroom and stir to combine. Add the beef back, season, and toss the mixture to combine.
|What Cut Should I use?|
You can use different cuts for this recipe with great results. Flank, ribeye, tenderloin, beef stew (stew meat), chuck roast, and sirloin will all work great, just be sure to keep the pieces bite-sized pieces. Ground beef also works just as well.
Though we just love the recipe as the instructions indicate, here are some variations to the dish you can try:
- Add vegetables- Add fresh or frozen vegetables into the sauce. Carrots, sweet peas, and green beans are all great choices.
- Long noodles- We used short egg noodles but you can substitute them for long noodles.
- Omit mushrooms- If you don’t like the mushrooms, you can just leave them out of the recipe.
- Mashed potatoes- If you have leftovers of the meat and sauce, serve over mashed potatoes.
The dish may be easily made ahead. Prepare per instructions and refrigerate the noodles and beef and sauce separately. Then, just combine and reheat over low before serving.
- Fridge- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Freeze- The beef and sauce may be frozen for up to 2 months in a freezer-safe container. We do not recommend freezing the noodles.
- Reheat- Reheat over low until beef is warmed. Add noodles and cook until the noodles are reheated as well.
More Beef Recipes:
We love Beef Recipes. Here is a variety of our favorite beef recipes to try:
Beef and Noodles Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat cut into 1-1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 12 oz mushrooms halved
- 3 garlic cloves miced
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tsp salt divided, or to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 oz short egg noodles
- In a Dutch oven, cook the noodles al dente according to package instruction. Drain the noodles and cover to keep warm.
- In the same Dutch oven, heat the olive oil. Once hot, add the beef tips and season with half of the salt and pepper. Cook until the meat is golden brown. Remove from the Dutch oven and cover to keep warm.
- Add mushrooms and onion with butter, cook until mushrooms are golden brown.
- Add the garlic, stir and cook until fragrant. Return the meat to the Dutch oven and stir with the mushrooms.
- Quickly whisk in the cornstarch and add broth, worcestershire sauce, bay leaves and remaining salt and pepper.