Learn how to make the ultimate Chocolate Covered Pretzels at home! Crunch pretzels dipped in a rich and creamy chocolate, this dessert is a great treat for any occasion and loved by both adults and kids.
These make for the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert. These pretzels pair well with Chocolate Covered Strawberries and no-bake Oreo Balls for parties. They make for great gifts for teachers, family, or party favors!
CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS-
We love making these all the time, these chocolate-covered pretzels are the perfect treat when craving sweet and salty snacks at the same time. This recipe is so easy to make, even the kids can help make these.
With just 2 simple ingredients you can have these amazing chocolate-covered pretzels ready.
- Pretzels– There are several different pretzels that you can use for this recipe, classic pretzels, pretzel rods, pretzel twists and even butter snap pretzels.
- Chocolate– You want to make sure you use good quality chocolate chips or chocolate candy melts. White chocolate, dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate or milk chocolate can be used for this recipe. We love using both white and milk chocolate.
- Toppings– If you want to decorate these pretzels a little bit you can use sprinkles, chopped nuts, crushed graham, shredded coconut or even crushed candy.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS-
You are not going to believe how easy it is to make homemade pretzels, so simple and so good!
- Prep– Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Toppings– Prepare all the toppings that you are going to use.
- Melt Chocolate– Melt the type of chocolate that you are going to use, using the desired melting method.
- Dip Pretzels– With a fork or dipping tools, dip the pretzels into the melted chocolate and then remove and add to prepared baking sheet. Top with the desired toppings and continue with the rest of the pretzels.
- Cool– Add the pretzels into the fridge for the chocolate to set and then enjoy!
There are several different ways to dip the pretzels into the chocolate no matter what type of pretzel that you use.
- Fully Dipped– You can fully dip the pretzels into the chocolate so that the pretzels are all covered in chocolate.
- Half Dipped– You can hold the pretzels to one side and dip just half of the pretzel into the chocolate.
- Drizzled– Add the melted chocolate into a plastic bag and then cut the dip of the bag slightly. Lay out the pretzels on the parchment paper and then drizzle the chocolate all over the pretzels. You can also use both white and milk chocolate for a multi colored drizzle.
HOW TO MELT CHOCOLATE-
There are several different ways to melt chocolate, we will share two of our favorite methods.
- Microwave– If you have a feature to melt chocolate, use that. Add the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave. Stir chocolate about every 30 seconds until it melts, this will prevent the chocolate from being scorched and unusable.
- Double Boiler– Fill a saucepan with water about 1/4 of the way full. Place a large glass bowl over the water and fill with chocolate. Cook over medium heat continually stirring until chocolate melts. TIP: Do not let the bowl touch the water as it’s boiling, there must be space between the two.
You can also use this KIT that has a pot that makes melting chocolate a breeze.
WHITE CHOCOLATE COVERED PRETZELS-
These pretzels can easily be made using white chocolate for white chocolate-covered pretzels.
Use white chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Melt using the same methods as we used in the classic pretzel. Dip and store the same way.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
We love to use Ghirardelli chocolate for this recipe, especially THESE Ghirardelli melting wafers.
Keep these chocolate-covered pretzels in an airtight container for about 2 weeks.
Once you dip the pretzels into the chocolate you can add them into the fridge to harden/cool the chocolate.
Yes, you can easily substitute classic pretzels for pretzel rods and just use the recipe as instructed.
Some people enjoy frozen pretzels so if that’s how you’ll be eating them, sure. However, thawing the chocolate pretzels results in soggy and unpleasant pretzels.
MORE EASY DESSERT RECIPES-
Though we love desserts, it’s no-bake desserts that are some of our favorites:
- Orep Pudding Delight
- Rice Krispie Treats
- Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait
- Black Forest Cheesecake
- Key Lime Pie Jars
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 3 cups pretzels
- 12 oz chocolate (chocolate chips, candy melts)
- toppings (sprinkles, crushed nuts, candy)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare all the toppings that you are going to use.
- Microwave– Add the chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave. Stir chocolate about every 30 seconds until it melts.
- Double Boiler– Fill a saucepan with water about 1/4 of the way full. Place a large glass bowl over the water and fill with chocolate. Cook over medium heat continually stirring until chocolate melts.
- With a fork or dipping tools, dip the pretzels into the melted chocolate and then remove and add to prepared baking sheet. Top with the desired toppings and continue with the rest of the pretzels.
- Add the pretzels into the fridge for the chocolate to set and then enjoy!