This Creamy Layered Jello Recipe is the ultimate no-bake dessert! Creamy layer topped with a layer of classic strawberry jello loaded with fresh strawberries, SO GOOD.
To watch this on YouTube Click HERE and don’t forget to Subscribe to our YouTube Chanel for future recipes.
This creamy jello recipe is truly a delicious dessert and so easy to make! The combination of flavors from the mousse-like layer and the classic jello flavor is so delicious. This dessert is a go-to when having guests!
You can either make the jello in a baking dish or cups and just distribute the ingredients evenly between cups.
WHAT YOU NEED-
- Gelatin– You want to use a good quality Strawberry gelatin, we like to use the classic Jell-o Brand.
- Cool whip– Cool whip is for the creamy layer of this recipe. You can use regular cool whip, light or extra creamy cool whip.
- Sour cream– Classic sour cream or light sour cream for the creamy layer of the jello cake.
- Water– Water is the activator for gelatin.
- Strawberries- You want to use fresh sliced or chopped strawberries. You can also use frozen sliced strawberries.
HOW TO MAKE JELLO CAKE RECIPE-
You won’t believe how simple it is to whip up this recipe! With just 5 simple ingredients and about 20 minutes, this jello cake can be ready and cooled in the fridge!
- Make jello for creamy layer– In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat and mix in the gelatin, stir until well combined. Cool completely.
- Make creamy layer- With a mixer, beat together the sour cream and cool whip. Add in the cooled gelatin and mix until well combined. (Tip: Make sure the gelatin is completely cooled.)
- Jello layer– Prepare the Jello for the top layer and set aside to cool.
- Cut strawberries- Slice or cube the strawberries.
- Assemble– Add the creamy layer into a 9”x13” baking dish and level out with a spatula. Add to the fridge for about 10-15 minutes to allow the jello mixture to become solid.
- Top layer- Add the strawberries and gently pour the cooled strawberry jello over the creamy layer and strawberries.
- Cool jello- Allow to sit in the fridge until the jello becomes firm.
Can I make this a different flavor?
Yes, you can make this any flavor you like! Just change the gelatin flavor and the fresh fruit! Here are some other favorite flavors of this layered jello dessert:
- Peach– We like to use peach gelatin and then add canned peaches for the fruit layer, just drain the water or use fresh peaches.
- Raspberry– Raspberry flavoring with fresh raspberries is a family favorite!
- Mixed Berry– You can do the mixed berry gelatin or one of the berry flavors and then for the fruit layer add mixed fruits!
- Orange– We also love doing orange gelatin and then canned tangerines, make sure to drain water!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
You want the creamy jello cake to rest in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight for the jello to become firm.
Yes! We love serving this jello dessert in cups for parties.
No, you can leave out the fresh strawberry slices if you prefer to not use them.
You need to store this in the fridge so that the jello stays firm.
This jello dessert can last for up to a week in the fridge.
You can use sugar-free gelatin and light cool whip for a healthier option!
OTHER NO BAKE DESSERT RECIPES-
- Layered Raspberry No Bake Cheesecake Bars
- Nutella Rice Krispie Treats
- No Bake Key Lime Pie Jars
- Peanut Butter Mousse Parfait
- Chocolate Fruit Dip
Creamy Layered Jello
- 6 oz strawberry gelatin (Jell-O brand)
- 2 cups water
- 8 oz cool whip
- 16 oz sour cream
- 16 oz fresh strawberries, sliced
- 6 oz gelatin
- 4 cups water
- In the meantime, bring 2 cups water to boil, add gelatin and mix. Remove from heat and add 2 cups cold water. Set aside to completely cool.
- Once the cream layer has thickened, add the sliced or chopped strawberries and then slowly pour the cooled jello over the creamy layer and fruit.
- Place back into the refrigerator and allow the jello cake to set and become firm.
- Slice and serve.