A salad is always a good idea, it can be enjoyed as a side for lunch, dinner or served as a side for parties. Sometimes a side salad with lettuce can get boring, so, try this Mexican Salad Recipe. Chicken with corn, tomatoes, onions, sweet peppers mixed with a homemade honey dressing is amazing.
If you enjoyed this recipe, try this Crab Corn Egg Salad.
mexican salad recipe-
This Mexican salad is definitely original and it was shared with me by my husband’s mom. This salad is one that was inspired by her. She made something like this and I was in love with the first few bites.
My mother-in-law adds beans in her Mexican salad and I do not like beans, at all. So, I just omitted them completely and the salad still tastes so good. If you like beans, add them! 🙂
salad for parties-
This is a great salad to make for parties. The salad doesn’t get soggy quickly after the dressing is added so it’s a good option to have on the menu for potlucks.
The juiciness of tomatoes with corn, pepper, red onion, cooked chicken and a kick of parsley really give it kind of a Mexican taste. The dressing is so unique as well. The combination of honey with horseradish sauce, vinegar and oil is a bit unexpected but tastes wonderful!
can I prepare the salad in advance?
Yes, you may definitely prepare this Mexican Salad even the night before (just don’t mix the salad). Add the dressing before serving and mix.
how to make chicken vegetable salad?
- Season and cook chicken breast.
- Cook corn on the cob.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, cut the onion, onion, and pepper.
- Prepare the homemade dressing.
- Mix well and serve!
GETTING TO KNOW YOU: What’s your favorite salad with chicken?
Other great chicken salad recipes to try:
- Pasta Chicken Caesar Salad– Chicken and pasta – yes!!.
- Chicken Avocado Egg Bacon Salad– Avocado and bacon, need we go on?
- Korean Carrot Salad– Carrot salad with seasonings.
Mexican Salad Recipe
- 1 chicken breast, cut in half
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 small sweet peppers, sliced thin
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup corn. fresh or canned
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, or cilantro
- Heat oil on med/high heat. Once hot, add chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook 2-3 per side. Set aside to completely cool.
- Meanwhile; slice peppers and red onion into thin short strands. Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Finely chop parsley.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing. Mix vigorously with a fork.
- Pour dressing over the ingredients.
- Refrigerate (covered) if not enjoyed immediately.
NOTE: This is an older recipe we are just updating with images and a video. 🙂