Easy Caprese Salad Recipe. This classic Italian salad is made with tomatoes, cheese and fresh basil with a balsamic glaze drizzled over the salad.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
what is a Caprese salad?
A traditional Caprese salad originates from Italy. It is made with sliced fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese that’s sliced and fresh basil then drizzled with oil and a balsamic glaze.
We take this salad to a whole new level by adding minced garlic to the dressing along with Romaine lettuce and Italian seasoning, it truly completes the salad.
how to make a Caprese salad-
Salads truly don’t get any easier than this one. Not only is the salad super easy to make, but it’s also so beautiful to serve and tastes just as phenomenal!
- If using a log of cheese, slice the mozzarella. We really like mini mozzarella balls and I just halve those.
- Halve the tomatoes and cut the onions thin.
- If you’ll be adding Romaine, chop the Romaine or add it as a bed of lettuce.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Drizzle the oil mixture over the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over the salad.
- Enjoy, friends.
I’ve tried many Caprese salads and was never a big fan. We went out to eat to BJ’s restaurant and they served it with mini cheese balls and Romaine and I just loved the combination. I was hooked and think you will be too! 🙂
Other great salad recipes:
- Tomato Cheese Salad– Tomato salad with cheese and a light dressing.
- Chicken Salad Over Mixed Greens– Chicken salad with a balsamic glaze.
- Cabbage Cucumber Tomato Salad– The best light and delicious salad.
- Quinoa Spinach Salad– Simple spinach salad with a simple dressing.
Caprese Salad with Balsamic Glaze
- 3 oz mini mozzarella cheese, halved
- 3 Tbsp red onion, sliced thin
- 2 romaine leaves, cut
- 2 medium tomatoes, cubed
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- balsamic glaze, to taste