This Chicken Sandwich recipe is so delicious. Chicken with spinach, sauteed mushrooms and red peppers, goat cheese all combined for an unforgettable recipe – a must try (along with the Chipotle Bacon Avocado Sandwich).
This truly is a simple sandwich but with WOW results. Chicken with fresh spinach, and sauteed mushrooms and peppers that go so well with the goat cheese spread. This sandwich recipe is the perfect lunch recipe, or can be made for a lazy dinner!
what bread can I use for this sandwich recipe?-
A good quality bread is really great in this sandwich. Ciabatta, focaccia, or thick slices of Italian bread are all great options for the sandwich. If I using Italian bread, I like to toast for added crispiness.
how to make a chicken sandwich-
When you think of chicken sandwich you typically think of lettuce, tomato and cucumber with mayo ad the dressing. Though this sandwich is so unique it’s phenomenal.
- Prepare the spread. Combine the goat cheese, mayo, sour cream and dash of pepper.
- Slice mushrooms and red peppers and saute until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- If using chicken breast, slice in half or use tenderloins. Beat until even in thickness.
- Brush both sides of chicken with the oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken on med/high heat 2-3 minutes per side.
- Generously coat the bread with the goat cheese spread.
- Add the spinach, chicken, peppers and mushrooms. Enjoy.
- If desired, toast sandwich or use a panini press.
Though unexpected, the flavors of this chicken sandwich come together so well and create an unforgettable sandwich. One you will make over and over again.
Try these other SANDWICH recipes:
- Hot Sandwiches – Simple sandwiches made hot!
- Turkey Bacon Grilled Cheese– Grilled cheese with turkey and bacon!
- Chicken Avocado Bacon Sandwich– Another great chicken sandwich.
Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- 1 chicken breast, halved (or tenderloins)
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- ½ small red pepper
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- 1 oz goat cheese
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- salt & pepper
- fresh bread
- Prepare spread. Combine the goat cheese, mayo, sour cream and dash of pepper.
- Slice mushrooms and red peppers and sautee with 1 tsp oil until tender, lightly salt and pepper.
- Slice chicken in half. Beat until even in thickness. Season with salt and pepper. Saute chicken on med/high with 1 tsp oil 2-3 minutes per side, until fully cooked.
- Generously spread goat cheese mixture over bread. Add the spinach, chicken, peppers and mushrooms. Enjoy!.