This Homemade Chocolate Cake with Nutella is so moist and AMAZING! Soft chocolate cake layers between a rich Nutella cream topped with fresh raspberries.
The naked chocolate cake is so easy to make and assemble and is so appealing when served!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
homemade chocolate cake-
This homemade chocolate cake is what dreams are made of! Soft and fluffy chocolate cake layers with a Nutella cream that adds so much moistness to the cake. The fresh raspberries only enhance the flavor of the cake!
Cakes can be intimidating and overly time-consuming, not this one! Once you give the easy recipe a try, you will agree, it’s so quick to make.
how to make a homemade cake recipe-
Though this cake is really easy to make, be sure to read it all the way through so you know what you are doing.
- Beat Eggs and Sugar. Beat eggs and sugar on HIGH speed until it triples in size, about 12-15 minutes.
- Prepare Dry Ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine sifted flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- Combine. Carefully add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix with a spatula until combined.
- Bake Cake. Divide the batter between the two pans (we used THESE springform pans). Bake until golden, about 18-22 minutes.
NOTE: Prepare two pans by lining the bottom with parchment paper and buttering the sides of the pan.
rich Nutella cream-
This Nutella frosting is so rich and creamy. The cream works so well with a homemade chocolate cake. This frosting may be prepared while the cake it baking then refrigerated until ready to use.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese (room temp), powdered sugar and Nutella until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add the heavy whipping cream to the Nutella bowl in two parts, mixing on low after each addition.
TIP: For the heavy whipping cream to beat quicker, place the whisks and bowl in the freezer for about 8-10 minutes. Also, don’t set the heavy whipping cream out early, it needs to be cold!
assemble the chocolate cake-
- With a sharp knife, slice the chocolate cake layers in half! This is the Cake Stand we like.
- Place the first layer down, drizzle with Nutella and spread the cream over the Nutella with a frosting spatula. Continue with the remaining layers. DON’T add Nutella to the top layer of the cake, just the frosting.
- Add fresh berries to the top of the cake.
NOTE: We went with a naked cake look so I didn’t add the cake frosting to the sides of the cake. If you want the sides frosted, leave some of the cream for the sides.
TIP: Be sure to keep the cake covered tightly so it doesn’t become dry.
This cake is not only so EASY to make, but it is also absolutely BEAUTIFUL when served. It’s the perfect cake for a special holiday like Valentine’s Day or if you are going to a party.
OTHER LAYERED CAKES TO TRY:
- Timur’s Chocolate Cake– Meringue layers with a run cream.
- Chocolate Layered Cake with Strawberries– Chocolate Cake with fresh strawberries.
- Layered Chocolate Coffee Cake– For the coffee lovers.
Homemade Chocolate Cake (with Nutella)
prepare cake layers-
- Preheat oven to 355°F at step 5.
- Prepare (2) 10” round springform pans. Cover bottoms of pans with parchment paper. Butter pans (or spray with baking spray) and lightly flour. Set pans aside.
- Add eggs to mixing bowl and beat on high speed a few minutes until fluffy, slowly add the sugar to the eggs. Beat on the high speed for about an additional 10 minutes, or until tripled in size.
- In a small bowl combine sifted cocoa, flour and baking powder. Set aside.
- Once the egg mixture has tripled in size, add flour mixture in three parts, mixing after each addition. Mix from the bottom up, don’t overbeat.
- Gently divide the batter between the two pans. Bake 18-22 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean if inserted in the center). Once baked, remove cakes from the pans. Set aside to cool completely. Once cooled, slice layers in half.
- Beat cream cheese until creamy. Add powdered sugar and 3/4 of Nutella spread, mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add about half of the whipped cream to the Nutella mixture. Mix on low speed until creamy, add remaining whipped cream and mix until well combined.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of Nutella a plastic bag and snip off the corner.
- Drizzles some of the Nutella over the first layer. Gently add cream over top of the Nutella.Repeat until you get to the last layer.
- Add raspberries to the center of the cake or around edges of the cake. Refrigerate for at least and hour (or overnight) and enjoy.
- Enjoy, friends.