This Layered Nutella Chocolate Cake is a soft chocolate layered sponge cake with a rich Nutella cream and topped with fresh raspberries. So amazingly delicious. The naked cake is easy to make and assemble and is so appealing when served!
PIN this to your dessert board HERE!
This Chocolate Cake with a hazelnut Nutella cream is what cake dreams are made of! Soft and airy sponge chocolate layers with a rich Nutella cream topped with fresh raspberries make for a perfect combination. The cream is the winner here. It’s not overly sweet but the Nutella with heavy whipping cream is phenomenal. The cream and raspberries add so much flavor to the chocolate layers.
How to make a Russian Chocolate Cake-
- Beat eggs and sugar to create the base of a classic sponge cake (Russian biskvit).
- In a separate bowl, combine sifted flour, baking powder, and cocoa.
- Once egg/sugar mixture triples in size, add the ingredients from the flour bowl.
- TIP: Add the flour in 2 batches, lightly beat with a mixture for a few seconds on low speed after each addition. Then, with a spatula continue mixing from the bottom up to make sure all of the flour is incorporated.
- If you overbeat the batter once the flour is added, the mixture will flatter significantly.
- Pour batter into baking pans and cook.
How to make a hazelnut Nutella cream-
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Nutella until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add the heavy whipping cream to the Nutella bowl in parts.
- Once the cream is prepared, spread between chocolate layers.
- TIP: For the heavy whipping cream to beat quicker, place the whisks and bowl in the freezer for about 8-10 minutes. Don’t set the heavy whipping cream out early. It needs to be cold!
Tools used to help make this Nutella Chocolate Cake:
- Hand Mixer-The best mixer to use in the kitchen!
- Baking Pans-Non-stick pans to use for the cake.
- Icing Spatula-Great for spreading the cream.
- Cake Stand-Love a cute cake stand! 😉
I hope you give this Layered Nutella Chocolate Cake a try! Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you do. We love seeing your creations. 🙂 #ValentinasCorner
Other DESSERT recipes to try:
- Timur’s Chocolate Cake– Meringue layers with a run cream. Hubby’s favorite! 😉
- Chocolate Layered Cake with Strawberries– Chocolate Cake with fresh strawberries.
- Layered Chocolate Coffee Cake– Chocolate cake with a kick of coffee.
Layered Nutella Chocolate Cake recipe. Delicate chocolate layers and a rich Nutella cream and topped with fresh raspberries.
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1¼ cups flour , sifted
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 12 oz cream cheese (1 ½ packs), room temp
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 heavy whipping cream, cold
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup Nutella
Preheat oven to 355°F at step 5.
Prepare (2) 10” round springform pans. Cover bottoms of pans with parchment paper. Butter pans (or spray with baking spray) and lightly flour. Set pans aside.
Add eggs to mixing bowl and mix a few minutes until fluffy, slowly add the sugar to the eggs. Beat on the high speed for about 15 minutes or until mixture has tripled in size.
In a small bowl combine sifted cocoa, flour and baking powder. Set aside.
Once the eggs/sugar mixture has tripled in size, add flour mixture in three part, mixing after each addition. Mix from the bottom up, don’t over beat.
Gently divide the batter between the two pans. Bake in a preheated oven at for 18-22 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean if inserted in the center).
Once baked, remove cakes from the pans. Set aside to cool completely.
Beat cream cheese until creamy. Add powdered sugar and Nutella, beat until incorporated.
In a separate bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add about half of the whipped cream to the Nutella mixture. Mix on low speed until creamy, add remaining whipped cream. Beat on low until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
Add the 1/2 cup Nutella to a corner of a Ziploc bag and snip off the corner.
Cut cake layers in half. Drizzles some of the Nutella (from Ziploc bag). Cover with cream. Repeat until you get to the last layered.
Add raspberries to the center of the cake. Garnish with mint, if desired.
Note*: I added an additional ½ cup of Nutella, just drizzled on the layers and didn’t spread it. Once spreading the cream, it will spread the Nutella as well. That is an optional step. If you love yourself so serious Nutella, you will definitely enjoy this extra Nutella, you can also use less or more than the 1/2 cup indicated!