A classic recipe for Stuffed Bell Peppers stuffed filled with meat, rice, and sauteed vegetables then baked in a delicious sauce. This classic recipe is so easy to make and comfort food at its finest.
Stuffed peppers video-
Watch Valentina show how to make stuffed peppers, they are so much easier than you think! Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube Channel to be notified of new video recipes.
What are stuffed peppers?
Stuffed peppers are a very common dish in different cuisines, each culture adding their twist and spin on the classic combination.
Hollowed (or halved) bell peppers stuffed with a savory filling consisting of meat, vegetables, and rice, sometimes topped with cheese. Once filled, the peppers are baked.
How to make classic stuffed peppers?
- Rice– Cook the rice.
- Vegetable– Once vegetables are chopped and shredded, saute them.
- Prepare filling– In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the filing.
- Prepare sauce– In a skillet, melt butter with garlic and cook until fragrant. Whisk in flour. Add the ketchup, broth, salt, pepper, and sour cream. Stir vigorously and bring to a soft boil. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Prep peppers– Remove the tops of the bell peppers (or cut completely in half). Remove seeds and membranes.
- Stuff peppers– Stuff the peppers with the filling and add the top of the pepper. Pour the sauce over peppers.
- Bake– Cover the dish with foil and bake until cooked through and peppers are tender.
|Serve the stuffed peppers with sour cream and/or hot sauce if you like heat.|
What meat do I use?
We used ground beef and pork in our recipe. However, you can use a combination of your favorite meat. Ground beef, pork, turkey, or chicken will all work great.
How to Freeze Stuffed Pepper?
Stuffed peppers may be frozen uncooked or cooked. Just be sure to cover them tightly to avoid freezer burn.
- UNCOOKED– Prepare the recipe completely. Cover the dish tightly and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and bake per instructions.
- BAKED– Bake and completely cool the stuffed peppers. Cover tightly and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw overnight, reheat covered until reheated.
I hope you love this easy recipe and it becomes a family favorite.
Other ground pork recipes:
- Ukrainian kotleti– juicy meat patties.
- Savory crepes– with a delicious savory filling.
- Potstickers– with a pork filling.
- Meaty spaghetti– so easy.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 large bell peppers, any color
stufed peppers filling-
prepare meat filling-
- Add the cooled sauteed vegetables to the bowl of rice. Then add the ground beef, ground pork, minced garlic, mayo, salt, pepper, and diced tomatoes and mix until well combined.
prepare the sauce-
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Trim the tops of the bell peppers and clean out the peppers, removing the stems, ribs, and seeds and rinse the peppers. Save the tops and discard the rest.
- Fill the bell peppers with the meat filling, divide the filling among the six peppers. Close the peppers with the tops. Add the stuffed peppers to the casserole dish.
- Pour the sauce over the peppers and into the casserole dish. Cover the casserole dish with 3 layers of foil.
- Bake at 400°F for about 45-55 minutes, until the peppers are tender and filling is cooked. Enjoy!