This is the BEST Easy Meatloaf Recipe. This traditional meatloaf is so juicy and packed with flavors with a sweet and tangy glaze that completes the homemade meatloaf. Serve this meatloaf with rice and roasted cauliflower.
easy meatloaf recipe-
Oh, I’m so excited to finally be sharing my version of a classic meatloaf. Ground beef loaded with onion, breadcrumbs, fresh herbs and seasonings make for a juicy and tender homemade meatloaf. The glaze is what really gives this meatloaf recipe the title of the BEST recipe. The sauce is sweet but tangy and so different than a classic glaze on meatloaf.
tips on how to make an easy meatloaf-
Meatloaf is such a great recipe and so forgiving. For the perfect loaf that will not crumble and fall apart, be sure to use the indicated ingredients and follow these tips for meatloaf that will not fail.
- Be sure to chop the onion super fine, so they’ll cook through.
- Be sure you don’t overmix the meat or it will result in a tough meatloaf.
- For easier removal of the meatloaf, line your loaf pan with parchment papers with the edges overhanging on each side so you can put up the meatloaf whole.
- Reserve the juices from the pan and pour over the meatloaf before serving.
- Rest the meatloaf for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and slicing.
what’s the best kind of meat for meatloaf?
You want to be sure to use lean ground beef that is about 85% or 90% lean meat, nothing higher. No, the meatloaf won’t taste dense, the remaining ingredients will keep it moist and juicy.
the BEST meatloaf sauce-
What really makes this recipe unique and stand out from the rest is the glaze used. Ketchup combined with brown sugar, onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper, and vinegar make for a sweet and tangy sauce that caramelizes and penetrates into the meatloaf as it’s baked adding so much flavor.
how long do I cook meatloaf?
In a 9”x5” loaf pan, you want to cook the meatloaf for 40 minutes at 375°F, uncovered. Then, add the sauce, and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the internal reading is 160°F. For a smaller loaf pan, increase the baking time and for a larger pan, decrease baking time.
can I freeze meatloaf?
Yes, meatloaf may be frozen before it is baked. To freeze, prepare meatloaf per instructions. Cover tightly and freeze. DON’T add the sauce.
Defrost the uncooked meatloaf in the refrigerator until thawed (covered). Bake per instructions, prepare and apply glaze per instruction.
meatloaf on a baking sheet-
The meatloaf may be baked on a baking sheet (instead of a loaf pan) for crispier edges and glaze. Out of foil, create a self-man pan with edges (a little larger than your meatloaf) to keep the drippings from escaping as the meatloaf is baked. Place meatloaf into the foil and continue baking per instructions. TIP: Baking time will depend on the thickness and shape of the meatloaf.
give these other classic recipes a try:
- Beef Chili– 30-minute meal.
- Beef Stir Fry– Asian inspired.
- Chicken Parmesan– a classic Italian dish.
- Homemade meatballs– with a homemade marinara.
I can’t wait for you to try our spin on the traditional Meatloaf Recipe! You’ll want to eat the space with a spoon it’s so good!
The BEST Easy Meatloaf Recipe
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the meatloaf until well incorporated.
- Transfer meat mixture into the loaf pan. Gently press and shaped the meat evenly.
- Bake the meatloaf at 375˚F for 40 minutes, uncovered.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce, spread over meatloaf then return to oven.
- Bake for an extra 15-20 minutes.
- Rest the meatloaf 10 minutes before slicing. Remove from pan and drizzle with juices before serving.
NOTE: This recipe was developed by Valentina’s Corner and first published on Natasha’s Kitchen.