An amazing Easy Meatball Recipe. Juicy and flavorful meatballs in a homemade marinara sauce. These homemade meatballs will be a great and hearty topping to your favorite pasta or served as subs. The meatballs are so tender, juicy and easily cut through with a fork.
homemade Meatball recipe-
There is nothing better than tender and juicy homemade meatballs drenched in a flavorful tomato sauce. These crispy yet juicy meatballs are bursting in flavor with every bite! This homemade meatball recipe is my go-to recipe for dinner time.
How to Make homemade Meatballs-
Meatballs are so easy to make and can be prepared in no time, the perfect dinner for a busy evening.
- Add ground meat to a bowl, create a well.
- Add the onion, garlic, bread crumbs, whisked eggs, mayo, cheese, seasonings, and herbs.
- Mix everything until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into round meatballs, be sure to pack the meatballs tightly. Cook meatballs (see below).
- Prepare the delicious homemade marinara sauce. Pour over meatballs in a baking dish.
- Cover dish and bake.
How to cook meatballs-
The meatballs may be baked or sauteed in a skillet.
- To BAKE meatballs in the oven: Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Space meatballs on the baking sheet, the meatballs shouldn’t be touching each other. Bake meatballs at 400°F for 15-20 minutes.
- To FRY meatballs on the stovetop: Cover bottom of a frying pan or Dutch oven with oil. Cook the meatballs until browned on all sides, no need to cook all the way through.
What kind of ground meat do I use –
You want to use beef with about 90% lean-10% fat content. You can use all beef in this recipe or mix the meat with other meat. One pound beef may be mixed with one pound of ground Italian sausage, pork or turkey and have wonderful results.
Though you can use store-bought marinara for this meatball recipe. This homemade sauce is wonderful and so easy to make. The sauteed onion and garlic with herbs and seasonings added to the tomatoes make for the perfect marinara sauce.
How to serve meatballs-
The meatballs may be served over pasta of choice, over mashed potatoes, in sliders for parties, or as a sub sandwich with your favorite toppings.
Freezing uncooked meatballs-
Prepare and shape meatballs. Arrange on a baking sheet and freeze meatballs. Once solid, transfer meatballs to a freezer container. To cook, thaw meatballs completely.
Can meatballs be reheated?
The meatballs are easily reheated. Cover the dish with foil and foil and reheat in the oven.
I hope you love this recipe for classic homemade meatballs. Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you try this recipe, we enjoy seeing your creations. #ValentinasCorner
Try these other dinner recipes:
- Chicken Parmesan– a classic Italian dish.
- Stuffed Peppers-so unexpected and packed with flavor.
- Chicken Scampi Recipe-Olive Garden copycat recipe but so much better.
- Philly Cheese Steak Sliders– So popular for an easy dinner.
Easy Meatball Recipe
- Grate onion on the small protruding holes’ side of the grater.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for meatballs.
- Form 1 – 1 ½ inch round meatballs, packing meatballs tightly. Yields about 30 meatballs.
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet with oil. Once hot, add the meatballs. Cook meatballs until all sides are browned, flipping as needed.
- Remove and place the meatballs in a casserole dish.
- In a skillet, sauté the finely chopped onion with oil and butter.
- Once onions are cooked, add diced tomatoes, water, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Once tomato sauce is smooth, add back to the skillet. Add the fresh basil, oregano, and parsley. Allow to cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 375°F covered 45 minutes. Remove foil, bake for another 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with your favorite side.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if desired.