Amazing recipe for Tomato Basil Chicken Breast in Wine Sauce. Chicken breast topped with goat cheese (or cream cheese) with tomato slices, fresh basil and smothered in a lemon wine sauce.
Once you try chicken breast recipe, it will become a favorite in your home! The dish is not only delicious but so beautiful when served!
Add this recipe to your DINNER board on Pinterest.
PIN recipe HERE!
We eat chicken more than any other meat. We really like chicken in casseroles, soups or even stuffed chicken like this broccoli stuffed chicken breast recipe. Even though we usually tend to serve simple and easy meals on a regular basis, sometimes I want something that feels special. I am not sure about you, but I’m a very visual person. When I look at the food being served and it’s appealing, I think it even tastes better because you visually approved. (Let’s pretend there’s a statistic out there like that. ;)..) That’s what I love about this chicken breast tomato basil in wine sauce recipe, it’s so visually appealing!
Ingredients for CHICKEN BREAST IN WINE SAUCE:
- chicken breast
- goat cheese (or cream cheese)
- white wine
- minced garlic
- unsalted butter
- salt, pepper, paprika
- fresh basil
- chicken broth
What can I serve as a side?
You can enjoy this chicken recipe with whatever favorite side you prefer. We most often serve the chicken with creamy mashed potatoes. Though steamed rice, pasta or a baked potato may be used as well. Since there are fresh tomatoes and basil on the chicken, you really don’t need a side salad.
Something about the wine sauce together with fresh basil makes you feel like you’re in an Italian restaurant. In most Italian restaurants, fresh bread is served. Make yourself a fresh loaf of The Best Bread Machine Bread or even a quick and easy Russian Bread loaf of bread.
Should I use goat cheese or cream cheese?
Goat cheese is NOT for everyone. You either like it or you don’t. Though I’m not a huge fan of the cheese on a regular basis, I love it in this chicken recipe. I love the earthy, tart taste the goat cheese gives the recipe and it goes so well with the chicken breast in wine sauce and fresh tomatoes and basil. If you aren’t a huge fan of goat cheese but still want to try the recipe you can use a thin layer of cream cheese and just a touch of goat cheese. If you dislike goat cheese, just substitute it for cream cheese and completely leave it out.
Don’t forget to tag us on social media if you make this Chicken Tomato Basil in Wine Sauce recipe.
We absolutely love seeing your creations! #ValentinasCorner
Such a great recipe for Chicken Breast Tomato Basil in Wine Sauce. Chicken breast topped with goat cheese (or cream cheese), tomatoes and fresh basil in a wine sauce. So good!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz goat cheese or cream cheese
- 2-3 campiri tomatoes, or 1 large tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 med. onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp white wine
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Cut each chicken breast in half. Cover breast with plastic wrap and lightly beat with a meat mallet.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper and paprika. Season both sides of the chicken breast.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large skillet, once hot, add the chicken breast halves.
- Sear on high heat for about 4 - 6 minutes, flipping chicken until golden in color. Turn heat down to medium/low, add the sliced garlic and 1 tsp of oil. Cook another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the onion, chop basil, slice tomatoe(s), and mince garlic.
- Divide the goat cheese (or cream cheese) into 6 parts. Lightly wet hands and flatten the cheese to about the size of the chicken breasts.
- Prepare the wine sauce: In a medium skillet, add the butter and sliced onion. Sautee on medium heat about 2 minutes. Remove onion and discard.
- Add flour and whisk quickly.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice, minced garlic and wine. Turn heat down to low and simmer 1 – 2 minute, until sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken to the wine sauce and coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Add goat cheese (or cream cheese) over the chicken. Add tomatoes. Add fresh basil. Pour wine sauce over everything. Cover skillet until ready to be served.