Amazing recipe for Tomato Basil Chicken in White Wine Sauce. Seasoned chicken breast topped with goat cheese (or cream cheese), tomato, fresh basil and smothered in a lemon white wine sauce. This easy recipe tastes like you’re in a five-star restaurant.
This recipe is just as easy to prepare as our bacon and mushroom chicken and tastes just as wonderful.
We eat chicken more than any other meat. We really like chicken in casseroles, soups, or even stuffed chicken like this broccoli stuffed chicken recipe. Even though we usually tend to serve simple and easy meals on a regular basis, sometimes I want something that feels special. This chicken dinner is among the recipes we love most! It’s so simple, delicious and beautiful!
Chicken breast sauteed in a skillet and topped with goat cheese and fresh basil that add so much flavor and smothered in the most delicious homemade white wine sauce. Perfection in every bite!
what can I serve as a side?
You can enjoy this chicken recipe with your favorite side. We most often serve the chicken with mashed potatoes. Steamed rice, pasta or a baked potato may be served with the chicken as well. Since there are fresh tomatoes and basil on the chicken, you really don’t need a side salad.
should I use goat cheese or cream cheese?
Goat cheese is NOT for everyone, you either like it or you don’t. Though I’m not a huge fan of the cheese on a regular basis, I love it in this chicken recipe. If you aren’t a huge fan of goat cheese but still want to try the recipe you can use a thin layer of cream cheese and just a touch of goat cheese. If you really dislike goat cheese, just substitute it for cream cheese and completely leave it out.
what kind of wine do I use?
You want to use a dry white wine (unsweet). Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Blanc or Chardonnay are all great choices (I used an inexpensive Chardonnay in this recipe and it worked great).
This juicy chicken breast with cheese and butter wine sauce will become a family favorite once you give it a try! We’d love to hear from you in the comments below if you make this recipe. 🙂
Try these other CHICKEN recipes:
- Chicken Breast in Skillet– simple chicken dinner recipe!
- Baked Lemon Butter Chicken– juicy chicken thighs cooked in lemon butter.
- Chicken Thighs– the most tender chicken.
- Chicken Marsala Recipe– a classic chicken marsala recipe.
Tomato Basil Chicken in White Wine Sauce
- Cut each chicken breast in half. Cover breast with plastic wrap and lightly beat with a meat mallet.
- In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper and paprika. Season both sides of the chicken breast.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large skillet, once hot, add the chicken breast halves.
- Sear on high heat for about 4 – 6 minutes, flipping chicken until golden in color. Turn heat down to medium/low, add the sliced garlic and 1 tsp of oil. Cook another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the onion, chop basil, slice tomatoe(s), and mince garlic.
- Divide the goat cheese (or cream cheese) into 6 parts. Lightly wet hands and flatten the cheese to about the size of the chicken breasts.
- Prepare the wine sauce: In a medium skillet, add the butter and sliced onion. Sautee on medium heat about 2 minutes. Remove onion and discard.
- Add flour and whisk quickly.
- Add chicken broth, lemon juice, minced garlic and wine. Turn heat down to low and simmer 1 – 2 minute, until sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken to the wine sauce and coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Add goat cheese (or cream cheese) over the chicken. Add tomatoes. Add fresh basil. Pour wine sauce over everything. Cover skillet until ready to be served.