Everyone loves a classic caesar salad, but this caesar pasta salad might be a threat to its reign! Crispy greens, juicy chicken breast, bacon, tasty pasta, all dressed in a homemade caesar salad dressing. Creating this delicious salad only takes 15 minutes, and you’ll be left wanting more!
This caesar pasta salad is so delicious because of its many layers. Juicy seasoned chicken is a critical component that gives so much flavor to this salad. The pasta soaks up the creamy caesar dressing, further deepening the flavor profile of the salad.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick lunch. The salad only takes 15 minutes, making it great for a quick meal.
- Satiating. The creamy dressing, hearty pasta, and chicken make this salad incredibly filling. Meaning you can enjoy it as a complete meal.
- Meal prep. Caesar pasta salad is a great salad to meal-prep for the coming days.
Ingredients for Caesar Pasta Salad
The ingredients for this salad are simple yet make a wonderful medley of flavors.
- Chicken breast – seasoned with salt and black pepper.
- Pasta – your favorite small pasta like fusilli, penne, macaroni, or bowtie pasta.
- Bacon – thin strips of bacon.
- Romaine lettuce – washed and dried thoroughly.
- Dressing – the homemade caesar dressing completes the pasta salad.
See the recipe card below for a complete list of ingredients and quantities.
Pro Tip: Crispy Lettuce
To get lettuce extra crispy, rinse with ice-cold water and dry thoroughly.
How to Make Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Step-by-step instructions on this classic recipe:
- Saute chicken: Season and cook the chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook the pasta: In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta al dente, drain, and rinse with cold water.
- Cook bacon: Cut the bacon into small bits and cook until crispy; we like to make air fryer bacon.
- Cut veggies: Chop up lettuce and half the grape tomatoes.
- Make the dressing: Add all of the ingredients for the dressing to a mason jar and shake to combine or wish in a small bowl.
- Combine salad: In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and toss with the dressing.
Expert Tip for an Easier Salad:
Skip the cooking steps and use shredded rotisserie chicken!
You will want to cook the pasta a few minutes past al dente because you will be rinsing it under cold water to stop the cooking process.
Slowly incorporate the dressing so as not to overdo it; a little can go a long way.
This salad still tastes incredible without the juicy chicken. As a result, your salad is lighter and will make a great side dish.
Store & Reheat
- Storage. Store the salad in an airtight container, undressed in the fridge for up to 3 days. Combine everything with dressing when ready to eat.
- Freeze. We do not recommend freezing this dish.
This salad is great for packing in advance for a quick lunch during the busy week. Here are our tips for the best way to pack it:
- Don’t mix the salad right away (or else the leaves will get soggy)
- Layer pasta and proteins on the bottom of your Tupperware, add caesar dressing and mix. (The pasta soaks up the sauce, so the pasta is never dry after refrigeration.)
- Store lettuce and croutons in a separate ziplock bag and add to the rest of the ingredients right before eating.
Voilà, you now have a leisurely meal prep that tastes fresh after being stored for several days!
More Salad Recipes
If you tried this Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a star rating and let me know how it went in the comments below – we appreciate it!
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 6 oz uncooked pasta
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 5 bacon strips
- 1 large romaine heart
- 1 cup croutons
- 1 recipe for caesar dressing
- Using a meat mallet, beat the chicken breast to an even thickness and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil on a skillet and sear the chicken for 2 minutes on both sides. Proceed to turn the heat down, cover with the lid, and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Chop up the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a pot of salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions, strain, and rinse with cold water.
- Cut bacon into small pieces and cook until crispy. Use a paper towel to blot excess fat.
- Chop lettuce and cut tomatoes in half.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients along with the dressing.
- Finish with croutons, and enjoy!
- Storage: If you’d like to store this salad for later, don’t dress the entire thing, and mix all the ingredients with the dressing when you are ready to eat.
- Crispy lettuce: To achieve crisp lettuce, rinse your lettuce in ice-cold water and pat dry.
- Wait for the chicken and bacon to come to room temperature before tossing the salad.