This 30-minute One Pan Lemon Chicken Breast Recipe is everything you could ask for in a quick dinner. Pan-seared chicken breast in a lemon garlic butter sauce with green beans and mushrooms.
chicken breast recipe-
I cannot tell you how excited I am to share this recipe with you. The chicken breast is seared and cooked in the most delicious and easy garlic lemon butter sauce with mushrooms and green beans. The chicken is packed with so much flavor and is so juicy and tender. This is the perfect one-pan meal when you want to make dinner quick yet make a wow statement for your family or guests!
Since you already have the green beans and mushrooms with the chicken all you need is a side dish of mashed potatoes to complete the meal!
how to make lemon chicken breast-
- GREEN BEANS- In a small saucepan, add the green beans and cover with water. Cook ten minutes or until they are desired doneness. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- SEASONING- In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the seasoning. Combine the salt, pepper, paprika, parsley, and red pepper flakes.
- CHICKEN BREAST- Cut chicken breast into tenderloins (tenders). Season the chicken on both sides (you should have some seasoning leftover). NOTE: You can also keep the chicken breast whole or slice it in half if you don’t want it as tenders.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet and once hot, sauté chicken until crispy on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- MUSHROOMS- Cut the mushrooms in half or quarter.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan. Sauté until golden and season with remaining seasoning. Place the mushrooms with the chicken.
- SAUCE- Prepare the sauce. Melt the butter with garlic in the same pan. Add in the broth, lemon juice, and corn starch, the remaining seasoning and whisk to combine. Cook until the sauce thickens.
- COOK- Add the green beans, mushrooms, and chicken to the sauce and smother generously in the sauce. Rreheat and serve.
- Enjoy, friends!
NOTE: The red pepper flakes do give some heat to the dish. It’s not overly spicy but it does have a slight “kick”. Add fewer pepper flakes if you don’t like your food spicy,
lemon garlic butter sauce-
This sauce just screams eat me with a spoon. The garlic and butter combined with lemon and leftover seasoning add so much flavor to the chicken, giving the easy recipe a 5-star rating! TIP: If you like your food smothered generously in sauces, you can double the portion of the sauce – it’s a good one!
how to substitute for asparagus-
The green beans may be substituted for asparagus. Boil the asparagus about 2-3 minutes for really thin asparagus, 4-5 minutes for medium-sized and 5-7 minutes for thicker asparagus. Whether you cut the asparagus in half and how firm you want it will also factor into the cooking time. You don’t want mushy asparagus so just keep an eye on it.
You are in for a treat with this easy chicken breast dinner in a pan, my friends! I just love this combination of green beans with mushrooms. That in itself is a meal. Then you add the chicken and lemon sauce. Wowzers!
try these other CHICKEN BREAST recipes:
- Skillet Chicken Breast Recipe
- Baked Chicken Fajitas
- Stuffed Chicken Recipe with Bacon Mushroom
- Creamy Poppy Seed Chicken
30 Minute One Pan Lemon Chicken Breast
- 8 oz mushrooms, quartered
- 3/4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Align the green beans with the stem facing in one direction and trim stems.
- Add green beans to a saucepan. Cover completely with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain beans and cover to keep warm.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the seasoning. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breast into tenderloins or just cut in half. Season the chicken breast, set aside the remaining seasoning.
- In a skillet, heat oil. Add chicken and cook over med/high heat until both sides are golden. Turn heat down and cook an additional 6-8 minutes so the chicken becomes tender.
- Remove chicken from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Add the quartered mushrooms to the skillet. Saute until browned, lightly season and remove from skillet.
- In the skillet, melt the butter and add minced garlic. Cook for about 1 minute. Add in the chicken broth, lemon juice, cornstarch. and the leftover seasoning.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook until it thickens. Add the chicken, green beans, and mushrooms back to the skillet. Smother in the sauce and cook to reheat.
- Serve and Enjoy.