Bacon Mushroom Chicken is a recipe you must try! Chicken breast topped with bacon, mushrooms, cheese and smothered in a homemade honey mustard sauce. This easy dinner will become a favorite for kids and adults alike.
Chicken mushroom is such a great combination. When you add bacon to chicken with cheese and a homemade honey mustard sauce, you have yourself a winner recipe. The cheese melts and the smothered sauce penetrates into the chicken and every bite is scrumptious and pure heaven.
I hope you enjoyed the short video, follow us on FACEBOOK to be the first to see our new videos.
Copycat Alice Springs Chicken-
This chicken was inspired by the popular Alice Springs Chicken at Outback Steakhouse. It’s a copycat recipe and in my opinion tastes much better for a fraction of the price.
TIPS on HOW to MAKE BACON MUSHROOM CHICKEN:
- If you like Vegeta, you can substitute it for Lawry’s seasoning. We absolutely love Vegeta so that’s what I often use instead of Lawry’s.
- For the mushroom lovers, you can add more mushrooms than the indicated amount. You know, because loaded mushrooms are always a great idea.
- I prefer Colby Jack cheese in this recipe. However, Mexican four cheese, baby swiss or even Mozzarella may be used if that’s all you have on hand.
- Either portabella mushrooms or regular white mushrooms may be used for this recipe.
- Enjoy with a side of mashed potatoes or rice.
Bacon Mushroom Chicken
- 3 large chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, Lawry's seasoning
- 8 oz bacon, cut into small pieces
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp olive oil (or Canola oil)
- 6 - 8 oz Colby Jack Cheese, grated
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Cut each chicken breast at a slant into 3 equal parts.
- Cover the chicken with plastic wrap. With a meat mallet, beat the chicken until even in thickness.
- Lay out the chicken. Lightly season on both sides with salt, pepper and Lawry’s seasoning.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the honey mustard sauce. Set aside.
- Slice and saute mushrooms with the 1/2 tsp oil. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the bacon. Remove the bacon from the pan and keep grease.
- Fry the chicken in the bacon grease until fully cooked, 5-7 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish. Pour some honey mustard sauce over each chicken. Add bacon, mushrooms and cheese to each chicken. Add more sauce over top.
- Bake 365°F 10-15 minutes until cheese completely melts.