This Chicken Bacon Mushroom is a recipe you must try! Chicken breast topped with bacon, mushrooms, and cheese then smothered in a homemade honey mustard sauce. This easy dinner will become a favorite for kids and adults alike.
Chicken with bacon and mushrooms is such a great combination. The chicken breasts are seasoned and sauteed until crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. The sauteed mushrooms, bacon and cheese are added to the chicken and completely smothered in a honey mustard sauce. Once baked, the cheese melts and the sauce penetrates into the chicken and every bite is pure heaven.
copycat alice springs chicken-
This chicken was inspired by the popular Alice Springs Chicken at Outback Steakhouse. It’s a copycat recipe and in my opinion, tastes much better for a fraction of the price.
tips how to make chicken bacon mushroom recipe-
- If you like Vegeta, you can substitute it for Lawry’s seasoning. We absolutely love Vegeta so that’s what I often use instead of Lawry’s. Or, you can also just use your favorite seasoning.
- For the mushroom lovers, you can add more mushrooms than the indicated amount. You know, because loaded mushrooms are always a great idea.
- I prefer Colby Jack cheese in this recipe. However, Mexican four cheese, baby swiss or even Mozzarella may be used if that’s all you have on hand.
- Either portabella mushrooms or regular white mushrooms may be used for this recipe.
This has to be one of our favorite recipes the whole family enjoys. If your kids don’t like mushrooms, leave them out on their chicken (and of course load the mushrooms on your side).
other chicken recipes to try:
Chicken Bacon Mushroom Recipe
- 3 large chicken breasts
- salt and pepper, Lawry's seasoning, to taste
- 8 oz bacon, cut into small pieces
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp olive oil (or canola oil)
- 8 oz Colby Jack Cheese, grated
- Cut each chicken breast at a slant into 3 equal parts.
- Cover the chicken with plastic wrap. With a meat mallet, beat the chicken until even in thickness.
- Lay out the chicken. Lightly season on both sides with salt, pepper and Lawry’s seasoning.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the honey mustard sauce. Set aside.
- Slice and saute mushrooms with the 1/2 tsp oil. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the bacon. Remove the bacon from the pan and keep grease.
- Fry the chicken in the bacon grease until fully cooked, 5-7 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken.
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish. Pour some honey mustard sauce over each chicken. Add bacon, mushrooms and cheese to each chicken. Add remaining sauce.
- Bake 365°F 10-15 minutes until cheese completely melts.