A quick and easy Chicken Spinach Flatbread Recipe. Flatbread topped with chicken, spinach and sauteed peppers, mushrooms and cheese.
If you like flatbreads, give the Avocado Chicken Flatbread Pizza a try!
Flatbread crust topped with spinach, sauteed chicken, mushroom and peppers with tomatoes and loaded with cheese. Though we used pita bread as the base for the flatbread, you can use any store-bought flatbread or even make your own using our homemade flatbread dough recipe.
This is such a great recipe that you can totally build your own and to taste with whatever you like. This is especially great when you don’t have dinner and need something quick that’s filling.
how to make chicken spinach flatbread recipe-
- Prepare the vegetables: Slice the mushrooms, cut pepper into thin short stands, cut spinach into smaller pieces and slice tomato. Set aside.
- Cook chicken: Cut chicken into thin strips and saute until fully cooked, season with salt and pepper.
- Cook vegetables: Saute the mushrooms and peppers and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble flatbread pizza: Layout the flatbread. Top with spinach, chicken, tomato, pepper, mushrooms, crumbled goat cheese and mozzarella. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in a preheated oven until cheese melts completely.
- Top with fresh basil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Note: To reheat flatbread, simply place in oven until everything is warm (4-5 minutes at 400°F).
Enjoy the easy flatbread recipe. The combination of the sauteed vegetables with chicken, spinach and cheeses is amazing. The flatbread doesn’t have marinara and tastes so light and healthy!
try these other appetizer recipes:
- Chicken Alfredo Flatbread– The best flatbread recipe with chicken and an Alfredo recipe.
- Quesadilla– Easy quesadillas the whole family will love.
Chicken Spinach Flatbread Recipe
- 2 thin pita breads or flatbreads
- 1/3 lb chicken (3 chicken tenders)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/3 red pepper
- 4 med/large mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 small tomato (4-6 cherry tomatoes)
- 1 oz feta or goat cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh basil, optional
- 2-3 tsp olive oil, drizzle over top
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice mushrooms. Cut pepper into thin short stands. Cut spinach into smaller pieces. Slice tomatoes.
- Cut chicken into thin strip.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in skillet over med/high heat. Add chicken, cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add mushrooms and pepper (to same skillet). Drizzle with 2 tsp oil. Cook until peppers and mushrooms are tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take pita or flatbread. Top with spinach, chicken, tomato, pepper and mushrooms, crumbled goat cheese and mozzarella cheese. Drizzle olive oil over the top of everything.
- Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minutes, longer if flatbread is thick.
- Remove from oven, top with fresh basil if desired. Serve immediately.