This recipe for Chicken Stuffed Shells in Alfredo Sauce is amazing. Tender jumbo shells loaded with a chicken, mushroom, ricotta and spinach filling in a creamy Alfredo sauce and topped with cheese. This is the perfect comfort food and so easy to prepare.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Jumbo shells stuffed with a sauteed mushroom, fresh spinach ricotta and ground chicken filling. The shells are then smothered and baked in a creamy Parmesan Alfredo sauce and loaded with shredded cheese. The sauce penetrates into the stuffed shells adding so much flavor to the chicken filling.
If you like the combination of chicken and mushrooms, you’re going to love this recipe. The flavors come together so well – even your picky eaters will rave about the casserole.
How to Cut Ingredients for Stuffed Shells-
- Clean and chop mushroom into small pieces, I did thin strips.
- Cut spinach into small pieces.
- Chop onion really fine.
How to make Chicken Shells-
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package instructions.
- Prepare the creamy Alfredo Sauce.
- Saute the mushrooms, onions, and chicken.
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients from the skillet with the remaining ingredients. Mix well to combine.
How to Stuff Shells:
- Stuff the shells with the spinach, chicken and mushroom filling.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce over the shells.
- Top with cheese.
Can you Freeze Stuffed Shells?
Yes, these chicken stuffed shells are great to freeze. Prepare per instruction, but do not bake. Cover casserole dish with foil. Label foil with recipe name, date, and baking instructions so you don’t forget later.
To bake: Thaw at room temperature or refrigerator and bake.
NOTE: The stuffed shells may be prepared in a 9”x13” casserole dish or they may be divided into two 8”x8” or 9”x9” dishes. One of the casseroles may be baked while the other frozen for later use.
I hope you love the recipe for these stuffed shells with spinach, chicken and mushrooms in an Alfredo sauce and topped with cheese. We’d love to hear your feedback in the comments below. 🙂
NOTE: This is an older post getting an update with new pics.
Try these other recipes featuring Alfredo sauce:
Chicken Stuffed Shells in Alfredo Sauce
- 12 oz jumbo pasta shells, cooked al dente
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 16 oz white mushrooms, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, lightly packed and cut
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 recipe of Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook pack of pasta shells, according to instructions. You only need 24 shells but cook entire box for extras in case some break or rip. Drain pasta, rinse in cold water, cover and set aside.
- Prepare creamy Alfredo sauce recipe.
- In a large skillet over high heat, saute mushrooms with 2 tsp oil for 5 minutes. Turn heat down to medium, add onions and 2 tsp oil, saute another 3 minutes, lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Add ground chicken and 2 tsp oil, saute until meat is fully cooked, break up the meat as it's cooked.
- Season meat with salt, pepper, Lawry's seasoning and 2 minced garlic cloves. Let the meat cook another minute and remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients from the skillet, ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese and spinach, mix. well
- Cover bottom of 9"x13" baking dish with a few spoonfuls of the Alfredo sauce.
- Stuff shells with chicken mixture and arrange in the baking dish.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce over the shells. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover dish with foil and bake 35 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 5-7 minutes.