This traditional Greek Salad Recipe is so good with the BEST homemade dressing! This salad is so easy to throw together and has the authentic Mediterranean taste to it. It’s such a light salad and great to serve as a side salad or a big bowl for lunch.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
greek salad recipe-
This Mediterranean Greek Salad is everything you can ask for in a salad. Classic vegetables like tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion with Romaine lettuce topped with a tangy homemade Greek Salad Dressing.
This salad is the perfect recipe to make when craving authentic Greek food!
And you most likely already have everything on hand, WINNER!
traditional greek salad ingredients-
Though you can adjust the ingredients in the salad to your personal liking, here are the classic ingredients for Greek Salad Recipe.
- Romaine lettuce (can be left out)
- Red onion
- Feta cheese
- Black olives, or kalamata
other ingredients that will work in a greek salad-
- Bell peppers
- Cooked chicken
- Kalamata olives
- Cooked pasta
how to make a greek salad recipe-
Chop or break apart the Romaine lettuce. Slice onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and olives. Add the feta cheese and gently toss salad.
Drizzle salad with homemade dressing.
Enjoy the homemade salad! Even if you don’t like Greek food, you’ll enjoy the salad. Feels so light and you don’t feel guilty enjoying a huge bowl.
I fell in love with this salad while I was pregnant. We had it nonstop and surprisingly I still love the salad! Yes, that GOOD.
enjoy these other salad recipes:
- Chicken Salad over Mixed Greens– will become a favorite, so unique.
- Romaine Chicken Salad– hearty and quick to make.
- Broccoli Cabbage Salad– perfect for parties.
- Avocado Salad– for the avocado lovers.
Greek Salad Recipe
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 red onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup black olives, halved
- 3 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- greek salad dressing
- Prepare the homemade Greek Salad dressing. Shake vigorously to mix.
- In a salad bowl, add the chopped lettuce, onions, olives, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and Feta cheese.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Toss salad and serve!