This Stuffed Chicken Recipe with Bacon and Mushrooms smothered in an easy honey mustard sauce is packed with flavor! The pan seared chicken breast stuffed with sauteed mushrooms and bacon topped with cheese in an amazing homemade sauce.
stuffed chicken recipe-
I am totally loving all of the ingredients in this stuffed chicken recipe. From the mushrooms, cheese and bacon stuffed in the breast to the creamy sauce honey Dijon sauce – it’s a phenomenal combination of flavors and textures.
Not only is the chicken really delicious, but it’s also surprisingly easy to make and totally date night worthy.
how to make stuffed chicken-
HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE- Prepare the honey mustard sauce. In a bowl, combine the mayo with sour cream, Dijon mustard, honey, and paprika until creamy.
BACON- Cut the bacon into small bite-sized pieces and saute until desired crispiness, remove from skillet.
MUSHROOMS- Slice the mushrooms and sautee in the bacon grease. Remove from the skillet.
STUFF CHICKEN- Gently cut through the center of the chicken breast to create a pocket (careful not to cut all the way through). Stuff the chicken with the mushrooms, bacon and cheese and then sear and cook the chicken breast.
BAKE: Add the leftover mushrooms and bacon to the skillet, top with cheese and pour the sauce over everything. Bake until cheese melts and is golden.
homemade mustard sauce-
There is nothing better than homemade sauces! When making your own sauces you are skipping all the added ingredients that we don’t need in a store-bought sauce. This homemade honey mustard sauce is AMAZING! The sauce is sweet and has a perfect balance of honey and Dijon!
In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise with sour cream, honey, Dijon mustard and paprika until creamy.
what cheese do I use?
The best cheese to use for this recipe is Colby Jack cheese, Four cheese or Mexican cheese. We love to use block cheese, it has fewer additives to keep freshness. Just shred the block cheese instead of buying already shredded cheese.
what to serve this stuffed chicken with-
I hope you love this recipe for stuffed chicken. It’s so good. It’s kind of like eating a good chicken nugget with honey mustard sauce but in a super fancy way, ha!
Try these other great CHICKEN recipes:
- Bacon Mushroom Chicken– the unstuffed version of this recipe.
- Creamy Chicken Casserole– the most popular casserole on the blog.
- Chicken Breast in Skillet– easiest way to prepare chicken.
- Tomato Basil Chicken– the wine sauce is amazing.
Stuffed Chicken Recipe with Bacon Mushroom
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 oz bacon
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz cheese, grated *
- 1 tsp oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the honey mustard sauce.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces. In a skillet, cook bacon until desired doneness. Remove the bacon from the skillet.
- Using the same skillet, cook mushrooms in the bacon grease. Saute until browned, season to taste. Remove from pan, set aside to cool.
- Lightly cut a pocket in the center of the chicken breast. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Open and stuff chicken with cheese, mushrooms and bacon. Close and secure pocket of chicken with a toothpick.
- Over med/high heat, add 1 tsp oil to the same skillet. Once hot, add the chicken.
- Saute chicken 4-5 minutes per side until fully cooked, flipping halfway through cooking.
- Add remaining bacon and mushrooms to the skillet. Drizzle sauce over everything. Cover skillet with foil and bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil. Cook another 2-3 minutes, until tops of cheese are crispy.
NOTE: This recipe was developed by Valentina’s Corner and first published on Natasha’s Kitchen.