Easy homemade Creamy Potato Soup with chicken, bacon and spinach in a rich broth. This soup is loaded with so many flavors and ready in just 30 minutes, great comfort food.
This soup is great with homemade bread, try it with Russain Bread recipe.
creamy potato soup-
This easy creamy potato soup loaded with chicken, bacon, carrots and spinach in a rich broth is truly amazing. The combination of flavors compliment each other and truly is the perfect bowl of soup when craving something hot and comforting.
This soup reminds me of Zuppa Toscana but with chicken and red potatoes. So GOOD!
how to make creamy potato soup-
- BACON- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven, remove and reserve about 2 Tbsp grease.
- CHICKEN- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and sautee until chicken is fully cooked.
- SAUTE: Finely chop the onions. Add to the Dutch oven with the chicken and saute until tender. Slice the carrots, add to the Dutch oven and cook until carrots are tender.
- POTATOES: Meanwhile, cut the red potatoes into thin slices. We like to keep the skin on in this soup but that’s a personal preference and you can peel the potatoes. Add the potatoes to the Dutch oven. (If you are cutting potatoes ahead of time place in water, drain before adding to the pot.)
- LIQUIDS: Add the broth and water to the Dutch oven and the seasonings. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender.
- SPINACH: Chop the spinach. Add to the soup.
- HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM: Add the heavy whipping cream to the soup.
- SOUP: Add bacon back. Add more seasonings if needed.
Once you give this comforting soup a try, it will become a favorite for kids and adults alike. Our kids, who don’t really care for spinach, love this soup. Enjoy, friends. And don’t forget, we love your feedback in the comments below.
Try these other SOUP recipes:
- Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup-classic soup in the crockpot.
- Pasta Fagioli Recipe– so hearty.
- Easy Chili Recipe– the easiest chili recipe.
- Meatball Noodle Soup– kids’ favorite.
Creamy Potato Soup with Chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 lb chicken thighs, bite-sized pieces
- 1 1/2 lbs red potatoes, sliced
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz pack bacon, 1/2 pack
- 2 1/2 cups packed spinach, chopped
- 1½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- ½ tsp ground paprika, or to taste
- Remove any excess fat from thighs and cut into small bite-size pieces. Cube the bacon.
- Wash and cut the potatoes into small pieces. Cover potatoes with water and set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, saute the bacon until crispy. Remove and reserve about 2 Tbsp grease.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to Dutch oven. Cook the chicken until fully cooked, salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add the chopped onions. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the carrots to the Dutch oven once the onions are cooked and saute for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Drain the water from the potatoes and add into the Dutch oven. Add in the water, chicken broth, salt, pepper and paprika. Bring to a low boil.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are fully cooked.
- Chop the spinach, add to the soup.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and bacon. Bring to a soft boil and turn off the heat.