Learn how to make the BEST crostini bread recipe. Crispy thinly sliced bread brushed with oil and seasonings then baked until crunch.
This crostini is perfect to use with so many different toppings, making it a great appetizer.
This crostini recipe is such a simple and delicious recipe that is great to go along with appetizers or the popular charcuterie boards, or just as toast for dinner. The brushed seasoned oil brings the baguette crunch, SO GOOD!
|What is Crostini: Crostini in Italian means little toasts. Thin slices of toasted bread that are brushed with olive oil and baked.|
HOW TO MAKE CROSTINI-
This crostini bread recipe is so easy and you are going to LOVE how fast everything comes together!
- Prep oven– Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut bread– Slice the baguette into ½ inch thick slices.
- Make oil mixture– In a bowl, combine the oil, salt, pepper, garlic
- Spread bread– Add the bread sliced onto a baking sheet.
- Brush bread– Brush the tops of the bread pieces with the oil mixture using a pastry brush.
- Bake– Bake until lightly golden and crispy.
Though the time and temperature may easily be adjusted when baking crostini, we highly recommend you keep the sliced the same thickness for even cooking.
- 350 degrees: 10-12 minutes
- 375 degrees: 7-9 minutes
- 400 degrees: 6-8 minutes
|Chef’s tip: All ovens are different as are the bread loaves, just keep an eye on the bread toward the end of the bake time.|
We love crostini when they are fresh and crispy. You can however store cooled crostini for up to 4 days tightly covered in the pantry.
- Bake or toast the crostini for a few minutes before serving to get the bread its crispiness.
- Freeze the crostini for months, then just reheat before serving.
These crostini are so versatile and may be served in so many different ways, especially popular to add to your charcuterie board.
- Crostini toppings– Add toppings like you would on avocado toast.
- With dip– Serve with a dip like our shrimp dip or jalapeno popper dip.
- Side to an entree– Serve with an alfredo pasta or dip with buttered cod.
- With appetizers– Perfect with appetizers like the Smoked Salmon Appetizer or the Cranberry Brie.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS-
You want to use white baguette bread or good quality crusty bread.
Fresh or stale bread will both work the same as the bread slices are toasted.
You don’t need to flip the bread when baking.
Other bread appetizers-
- Soft Pretzel Recipes
- Veggie Pizza
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Chicken Flatbread Pizza
- Hot Seafood Appetizers
- Spinach Crescent Ring
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
Simple Crostini Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a 9×13 baking sheet.
- Slice the baguette into 1/2" inch thick slices. Add the crostini slices onto the baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for about 6-8 minutes or until the bread is crispy and golden.