This Russian Chicken Vegetable Salad Recipe is such a unique recipe. Sautéed vegetables with chicken, a wonderful combination of flavors.
If you like salads with meats, try this Beef and Vegetable Salad.
chicken vegetable salad recipe-
I was at a wedding a few weeks ago in Kentucky and they had a similar recipe to this and I was skeptical to try it. But, when I did I was amazed, like so happy I did. The salad was PHENOMENAL! So, as soon as I got home I had to recreate it. All the vegetables work so well together. It’s such a great and simples chicken salad recipe. You can make the salad and refrigerate it for a couple of days enjoying when desired.
how to make chicken vegetable salad-
This Russian vegetable chicken salad is easy to make and most of all, it doesn’t go bad the same day you make it.
You want to evenly julienne your vegetables and chicken, so they are all about the same (with the chicken slightly larger), making sure they are bite-sized pieces. If you a kick to your salad, you can even add some finely chopped jalapeno pepper when sauteeing.
sauteed vegetable chicken salad recipe-
I love the addition of chicken to the salad. It adds some protein to this salad. If you don’t like a lot of chicken, you can add a little less than the indicated amount.
For this Russian vegetable chicken salad, you need to sauté all the ingredients. The oil used for the sauteeing works as the dressing for the salad. You then just combine everything and season with salt and pepper, to taste. You have yourself a pretty spectacular salad.
what oil should I use?
You can use your favorite oil to saute and cook the ingredients. Olive oil, grape seed oil, walnut oil, or avocado oil will all work great! (Canola oil is fine too, if that’s all you have.)
easy chicken salad-
There are so many chicken salad recipes, This salad is a unique recipe because it will sit refrigerated for days and still taste as if you just make it.
This easy chicken salad is a great salad to make for your next family party. Throw the salad together the night before, place in a nice serving bowl and just keep it in the fridge until serving. It’s a great idea for when you are having a party as well, you can prepare it a day in advance. Winner!
I hope you enjoyed this Russain Vegetable Salad Recipe! Dont forget to leave us feedback in the comments below!
Other salad recipes to try:
- Eggplant and Vegetable Salad- This is another classic Russian salad filled with vegetables and eggplant.
- Korean Carrot Salad– Raw finely julienned carrots seasoned with ground coriander
Russian Chicken Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 medium carrots
- ½ medium red pepper
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini
- ½ large onion
- 2 garlic cloves. minced
- 3 Tbsp grapeseed oil
- Cut chicken breast into thin bite-size strands.
- Julienne the carrots, peppers and zucchini into thin strands. All equal in size. Slice mushrooms.
- Finely chop your onion. Mince the garlic.
- In a pan, on medium heat, sauté the chicken with 1 tsp oil, lightly season with salt and pepper (cook 4-6 minutes, until fully cooked). Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add 2 Tbsp oil and onions to skillet. Sauté 2 minutes on low/medium heat.
- Add the carrots, peppers, and zucchini, cook another 5 -7 minutes on medium heat until vegetable are tender and cooked (stirring as needed). Remove from pan.
- Sauté the mushrooms with 1 tsp oil, season with salt and pepper. Add garlic.
- Add the chicken and vegetables to skillet. Mix, cook another minute. (Add more oil if desired. Season with more salt or pepper, if needed.) Cool salad.
- Best if served cold. Enjoy, Friends!