Soft, quick and Easy Dinner Rolls Recipe that turns out perfect every time. These homemade, from scratch rolls, are going to become a regular in your home once you give them a try.
These fluffy and soft dinner rolls are so irresistible. The best part is they use ingredients you most likely always have in your pantry! They are not overly sweet and can be enjoyed as sweet or savory rolls. Enjoy with soup, an entree or with butter and jam and a cold cup of milk.
How to make dough for Yeast Dinner Rolls-
- Create a well in the sifted flour.
- In a saucepan, combine the butter, milk, water, and sugar; heat until warm.
- Pour milk mixture into the well of flour.
- Add whisked egg and yeast, stir. Allow yeast to activate.
- Mix the dough until the flour is incorporated.
- Cover and set aside to rise until doubled in size.
How to shape dinner rolls-
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a long strand and cut into 15-16 equal parts.
- Shape dough into dinner rolls, cover the pan and set aside to double in size.
TIPS How to Make Dinner Rolls-
- Be sure to measure out the flour correctly. Scoop the flour into the measuring cup with a spoon.
- Sift the flour once measured out. This will ensure there are no lumps in the flour and the flour becomes lighter and easier to work with.
- Best way to get even sized rolls is to roll out the dough and cut it in half. Then cut each half into twelve parts.
- For the yeast to activate properly, be sure the milk/water mixture is warm, not HOT, reading about 110°F.
- When the dough is rising, keep it covered and in a warm area.
- Allow the dinner rolls to cool for a few minutes before generously coating them with butter.
Can I freeze the rolls?
Yes! These dinner rolls freeze wonderfully. Remove rolls from freezer and set out to thaw. For best results, reheat for a few minutes. You’d never know there were frozen.
What can I serve dinner rolls with?
I hope you loved the recipe for these soft and fluffy rolls. Don’t forget to leave feedback in the comments below and tag us on social me if you make them, we love seeing your creations, #ValentinasCorner.
Try these other BREAD recipes-
- Easy Braided White Bread– Too beautiful to eat.
- Russian Bread– So easy and so delicious.
- Uzbek Lepyoshki– A traditional Mediterranean recipe.
Easy Dinner Rolls Recipe
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ tsp table salt
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp instant yeast
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 large egg beaten
- Grease 9"x13" baking sheets and lightly dust with flour.
- In a large bowl, add flour. In the center of the flour create well.
- In a saucepan, combine butter, milk, water, and sugar; heat until warm. Remove from heat.
- Pour milk mixture into the well. Add beaten egg and yeast. Give a quick stir, cover and allow the yeast to activate, about 3 minutes.
- Mix dough until well incorporated. The dough should be soft and slightly sticky. Cover dough and set aside to rise for 30 minutes in a warm area.
- Lightly dust working area with flour. Roll out a long and cut 15-16 equal parts.
- Shape the dough into round balls, cover rolls and let rise 30 minutes.
- Bake dinner rolls on 375°F for 15-17 minutes, until golden in color. Allows rolls to slightly cool and generously butter top of rolls.